Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Advice for college

I couldn't read all these. NTs advice was good - obviously tailor the time mgmt. stuff to the way you operate, ya know?

My only advice - Don't hook up with any girls on your floor until you know them all, at least enough to gauge their sanity - you'll make a real awkward situation for yourself if you hook up with a psycho, regret it, [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] and have to see that person everyday - trust me on this one.

Plus - you'll have every girl wanting you more if you play it cool for a bit. In the meantime, go after all other girls. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 02:22 PM

Watch where you park. I was just in Bloomington a few weeks ago and got my car towed. Once we realized it was missing we called the towing company, which wouldnt answer the phone. So I decided to go to the police station since I wasnt sure if it had been towed or stolen. The police station was CLOSED. I gave up for the night and the next day I finally get ahold of the inbreed at the towing place and had to go pay him $85 to get my car back. Go Hoosiers!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

5. Wear shower shoes. I repeat, WEAR SHOWER SHOES.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really want to hear the story behind this, but I kind of do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we've all heard at least one of these. Let's not revisit those and scar our young friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was not a victim of this, but listen, all you freshmen: warts. Warts all over your feet. Nasty, painful, incurable warts.

That should suffice.

NT
Old 07-05-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6) I recommend not joining a frat. I'm not going to explain why since I'll probably get flamed by those who are or were in a frat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's funny how most people who didn't join fraternities don't recommend them and people who did think they are the best thing you can do in college.

Advice on fraternities:

the good: you meet tons of chicks, get drunk a lot with little to no interference w/ the cops (depending on the quality of your greek system), you make a TON of connections on and off campus (alumni can set you up with jobs just because you are a brother), and you instantly make 30-40 friends simply by joining.

the bad: you carry the obvious stigma of being a "stupid drunken frat boy" but that label is generally carried with people who know little or no people who are in fraternities/sororites so you don't have to deal with it much.

Although Animal House is a pretty accurate depiction of some fraternities (both omega and delta), you'll be surprised at how little you actually know about fraternities. So go through rush, and see if you enjoy it. Don't write off fraternities before giving them a chance, because there is a good fit for ANYONE on every campus (and i'm sure that holds true at IU as well).
Old 07-05-2005, 04:18 PM

I'd recommend joining a fraternity as well. Who cares what people think? If its a strong greek system you have alot to gain. You will have alumni connections, and thats just as important as making good grades. You'll always have a social event to attend, you'll know the hotter girls at campus, and never have a boring night.

Then again, some frats are full of nerds or wanksta's.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Babes, booze, and poker

Work hard Play hard. I'm not saying don't go out four times a week, but rather be a man and wake up the morning after and do what you got to do. Makes you stronger [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Learn to drink cheap beer, and find a good wingman.
Dont pledge a frat just use em for free things
Find some girl that will put out that lives in your building, because in like 2 years they get all sophisticated and don't pull that crap as much.
Also don't forget to find some real loose games to make some cash. College is a goldmine for a good poker player! I found people so bad that I would purposely screw around and lose games so I'd get called back and I knew for certain I would win the next 10.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best piece of advice I can give is don't be a puss when you have a hangover. This means that during the week, you go to class hungover if need be. On Saturday, get up and resume drinking after some KFC or whatever... don't stay in on Sat night just because Friday night was rough. On Sunday, study hungover. Don't skip practice if you're hungover, too. I faked a shoulder injury when I was too drunk to execute a flip turn (swimmer) once--the other 500 odd practices I got through no matter what my condition. And somebody said it, I'd suggest taking it easy on Sundays party-wise with the obvious exceptions of Super Bowl and the like, and getting some work done.
Anyhow, if you whine/decide sleep it off when you're hungover, it'll cut into your time a LOT because you'll be hungover a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother! That was my attitude! Be a man! It will pay dividends for years to come! I'm hungover at work right now, been here since 5am! Gotta get your bachelors in Hungover Management along with everything else.

Short story. I met some awesome girl at the bar , did mah 50cent Pimp What Holla back life thing , but got up at 830 and went to class. She was pissed off! I could of had morning action but I had a 10 pt quiz!!
Old 07-05-2005, 04:31 PM

There are definitely different degrees of a hangover. If I kick it hard, and really binge one hight I have to sleep. Now if you drink 8 beers the night before you have no excuse. If you kill a fifth the night before it's forgiven.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:43 PM

Try to arrange your day so that you have a good bit of non class time in the middle, and use that for studying. I blew off a lot of important homework because there was always something interesting to do late afternoons and evenings.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DEFINITELY check out pickaprof and ratemyprof. Words cannot describe how much theyve helped me through my first 3 years

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't depend too heavily on these sites...These ratings are extremely subjective.

Go to class!!!!!!!