Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 03:15 PM

Default TT play at 15/30

10-handed on Party. Awesome table, full of bad players, my position is not the best - but I've been here since it was 3-handed and I'd have to go on the waiting list for awhile to change seats.

I have T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Players:
UTG - Standard loose very passive.
UTG+1 - Pretty good TAG.
CO - LAG who is either on tilt or is more laggy than his stats indicated.
Button - ME [censored]
SB - Pretty bad loose, mostly passive player.
BB - Really bad weird-playing player. He's bought in short and has been hovering around busting for awhile now.

Prefrop: UTG limps, UTG+1 raises, CO 3-bets, I call, SB folds, BB caps, all call.

I don't think my decision to play here is very close. LAG CO would probably be 3-betting here with AJs+, 88+ and the loose players in the blinds will be calling with a lot. Also, my relative position to the LAG should help with hand protection if I need it, but I'm mostly playing for a set.

Flop (5 players, 20sb): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, LAG calls, I call.

After the BB bets, he has just under 1 BB left. The LAG just calls so he doesn't have an overpair. The pot is huge, so I decide to wait for the turn.

Turn (4 players, 12 BB): J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets all-in, UTG calls, LAG calls, I raise.

Since LAG didn't raise again, I'm sure I'm ahead of him. UTG could have a J, but he could also have lots of other crap. Even if BB has me beat, I can get a sidepot going with them. My plan is to bet any undercard on the river, bet an overcard if I'm only against UTG, check an overcard if I'm against CO still.

Hopefully, this all looks correct. I like to get all my thoughts out to make sure I'm thinking right.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: TT play at 15/30

I like it, though I would probably be a chicken [censored] and check the river regardless.

- Jim
Old 12-30-2005, 04:12 PM

I wouldn't call this preflop. You wont get a lovely flop like this very often. Your odds on calling here for a set is too low. UTG+1 TAG raises, always scary when an early positioned TAG player raises.

I'd rather cap to knock overcards out (Blinds, UTG and UTG+1 TAG may fold if I cap). One more small bet will often enough buy me a big pot. I'd either cap or fold in this situation.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:33 PM

But one thing comes to my mind though. It's so hard to say what's correct. It all depends on what your strengths in this game are. I prefer to take control of the hand as soon as possible so other people have to do the thinking instead of me =). So a cap/fold decision is my choice here. Other players may act more timid preflop and use other skills to win the pot postflop.