Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 04-21-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Confused over Full-Tilt WSOP promotion

I'm posting this here because there has been some interest in WSOP Satellites for other NON main events.
Link

Text:
While the Main Event often grabs all the glory at the World Series of Poker, it's good to remember that it's not the only game in town. In fact, almost the entire month of June at the World Series of Poker is dedicated to a number of other games, each with their own championship event and winner's gold bracelet.

At Full Tilt Poker, we want to make sure that no game - or player - goes overlooked. That's why we're running daily $24 + $2 multi-table "Race for Bracelets"™ tournaments from April 18th through June 23rd. Pick a game like Stud, Stud Hi/Lo, Omaha Hi/Lo, Pot-Limit Omaha, Razz, Pot-Limit Hold 'em, Limit Hold 'em, or No Limit Hold 'em, and you can win $500 in spending money and WSOP tournament chips redeemable for entry into any one of the WSOP's $1,500 events held between June 3rd and June 29th.

If you're not sure about how to play any of these games, or just want a quick refresher on how to play anything from Stud to Omaha to Razz, Full Tilt Poker has a complete set of primers to help you improve your skills.

++++++++++++++

I assume the $24+2 tournament is just a qualifier for another tournament? Or, is this a single tournament guarentee?
Old 04-21-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Confused over Full-Tilt WSOP promotion

[ QUOTE ]
I'm posting this here because there has been some interest in WSOP Satellites for other NON main events.
Link

Text:
While the Main Event often grabs all the glory at the World Series of Poker, it's good to remember that it's not the only game in town. In fact, almost the entire month of June at the World Series of Poker is dedicated to a number of other games, each with their own championship event and winner's gold bracelet.

At Full Tilt Poker, we want to make sure that no game - or player - goes overlooked. That's why we're running daily $24 + $2 multi-table "Race for Bracelets"™ tournaments from April 18th through June 23rd. Pick a game like Stud, Stud Hi/Lo, Omaha Hi/Lo, Pot-Limit Omaha, Razz, Pot-Limit Hold 'em, Limit Hold 'em, or No Limit Hold 'em, and you can win $500 in spending money and WSOP tournament chips redeemable for entry into any one of the WSOP's $1,500 events held between June 3rd and June 29th.

If you're not sure about how to play any of these games, or just want a quick refresher on how to play anything from Stud to Omaha to Razz, Full Tilt Poker has a complete set of primers to help you improve your skills.

++++++++++++++

I assume the $24+2 tournament is just a qualifier for another tournament? Or, is this a single tournament guarentee?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that these are $2000 guarenteed tourneys ($1500tourney chip and $500 cash). They'd only need 84 entries or so to cover the overlay, which seems a bit ambitious since the Razz and Stud8 tourneys rarely get that many entries. Dunno.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that these are $2000 guarenteed tourneys ($1500tourney chip and $500 cash). They'd only need 84 entries or so to cover the overlay, which seems a bit ambitious since the Razz and Stud8 tourneys rarely get that many entries. Dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

If these truely are a $2000 weekly events, overlay potential abounds, but I don't know if they guarentee it if they get less than 84 entries. Back when I was playing at FT, most of the Omaha and Stud8 MTTs were routinely cancelled due to lack of interest.

EDIT: I guess these started this week. Can anyone log in and confirm if they are getting enough entrants to cover the garentee (I'm still at work)
Old 04-22-2005, 12:06 AM

Finally was able to log on and just in case anyone is curiouis, each tournament had over 100 entrants, and Razz had the most of the week so far at 169!
Old 04-22-2005, 02:48 AM

..they're for real, I've played in a couple events so far. They even have $4 satellites to get in the events. It's the only 08 qualifier I know of thats currently running.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:52 AM

Sweet, might have to sign up there. Of course $500 doesn't cover a transatlantic return flight and hotel....
Old 04-22-2005, 11:49 AM

Thanks LOQTIS. I will probably sign up this weekend.

BTW, do you wear that Borg outfit at the poker table? People would be intimidated...
(I am big fan of ST:TNG)

AA
Old 04-22-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks LOQTIS. I will probably sign up this weekend.

BTW, do you wear that Borg outfit at the poker table? People would be intimidated...
(I am big fan of ST:TNG)

AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!
"All In"
Old 04-23-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally was able to log on and just in case anyone is curiouis, each tournament had over 100 entrants, and Razz had the most of the week so far at 169!

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about this the less it surprises me. It's one of the cheapest sats to the WSOP I've seen that isn't going to have a billion entries or include rebuying 20 times.

I'm going to play the O8 and PL Omaha and Hold em events next week. Maybe stud8 as well; i'm guessing most of these as seen on tv full tilt types haven't played much stud8.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:31 PM

I emailed Full Tilt this question but they never got back to me. Say I win one of these, is it for a specific event (i.e. if I win an Omaha tourney, can I use it to play a HE event)? Also, do I have to play a 1500 event, or can I use it towards a 2500 event? Thanks to anyone who knows.