Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you like the flesh squeeze?
The flesh squeeze is the dumbest thing for any woman with over 20% Body fat 199 66.11%
Yes, it's odd, but it makes her happy so who cares. 49 16.28%
What are you talking about? 11 3.65%
I don't mind that pop n fresh dough because it doesn't make her look fat to me. 23 7.64%
Yes I love it. Squeeze that fat!! ohh yaaa 19 6.31%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Splitting Rent With GF

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehehehe. You are so gonna regret this.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehehehe. You are so gonna regret this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced this is likely, but why?

I've spent weeks alone with her at my dad's place when he was out of town for work, and for the most part, things were solid. I can't imagine it being much worse than living at home.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
living at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where else would you live?

Meh. The only reasons I would give you would be the same ones your parents would [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just be careful. 19 years old is awful young to be having a wicked nasty breakup with your rommate.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:17 AM

hey soma

honestly i think:

1) if you already decided 50/50 and she knows this and still wants to pay almost 400 a month for rent then your gf isnt making a wise decision
2) if you havent already decided 50/50 you need to be the one to tell her that it is not a good idea for her life bankroll
3) sounds like you arent at the moving in together part if you already have plans about what happens when you break up, even though you are just planning ahead, hopefully, for the unlikely future.
4) who is the one that wants to move in together more? who brought the idea up? if it is you and you understand her financial situation i think you are being selfish.
5) to answer your original question the rent needs to be 50/50 but like others have expressed, pay for most of the other expenses like groceries and dates. stuff like her cell phone needs to come out of her wallet, though.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:37 AM

I shacked up with one of my ex's after some guy was stalking her at her house (that would be an entertaining thread, come to think of it.) She moved into my one-BR for a while, then we got another apartment together. I covered more of the rent than she did, maybe two-thirds of it, but I didn't mind because she'd always clean, do laundry and get groceries. After a while, I broke up with her and she took it shockingly well. We stayed roommates to the end of our lease, and we thought about renewing actually. Until she introduced me to her new boyfriend. Best roommate I ever had. I'm an only child, so living with a girl was interesting. FWIW.

ScottieK
Old 11-27-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I shacked up with one of my ex's after some guy was stalking her at her house (that would be an entertaining thread, come to think of it.) She moved into my one-BR for a while, then we got another apartment together. I covered more of the rent than she did, maybe two-thirds of it, but I didn't mind because she'd always clean, do laundry and get groceries. After a while, I broke up with her and she took it shockingly well. We stayed roommates to the end of our lease, and we thought about renewing actually. Until she introduced me to her new boyfriend. Best roommate I ever had. I'm an only child, so living with a girl was interesting. FWIW.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, this is somewhat I was anticipating. I didn't mean to give the impression off that I'm worried about breaking up soon, I'm just not naive and like to plan ahead. I think going with 50/50 with me paying for groceries/going out is best.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey soma

honestly i think:

1) if you already decided 50/50 and she knows this and still wants to pay almost 400 a month for rent then your gf isnt making a wise decision
2) if you havent already decided 50/50 you need to be the one to tell her that it is not a good idea for her life bankroll

[/ QUOTE ]

If - she spends $600/mo on living expenses. She makes $1000/mo. She puts away the difference. Her life bankroll will be just fine. Most people (unlike us) aren't even worried about these kind of things at our age. She's already deducting 10% of every paycheck into a savings account, and I'm getting her started on a Roth IRA next year.

[ QUOTE ]

3) sounds like you arent at the moving in together part if you already have plans about what happens when you break up, even though you are just planning ahead, hopefully, for the unlikely future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's in better shape - the couple that plans for every possible situation, or the couple that will worry about trouble when it comes?

[ QUOTE ]

4) who is the one that wants to move in together more? who brought the idea up? if it is you and you understand her financial situation i think you are being selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember. I think we both jokingly toyed with the idea, until we realized that we would both enjoy it. I don't understand how wanting to move in with her knowing her financial situation would be selfish.

[ QUOTE ]

5) to answer your original question the rent needs to be 50/50 but like others have expressed, pay for most of the other expenses like groceries and dates. stuff like her cell phone needs to come out of her wallet, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for confirming what everyone else suggested - I think this is what we're going to do.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
living at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where else would you live?

Meh. The only reasons I would give you would be the same ones your parents would [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just be careful. 19 years old is awful young to be having a wicked nasty breakup with your rommate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm aware of what I'm getting myself into. We've been talking about it for a month or two now. Risk and reward, risk and reward.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:08 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

you don't need a joint account. get a credit card with two names, use it for all shared items, and split the bill at the end of the month. with utilities and whatever you can just juggle. you pay something that costs about 100, she pays something that costs about 100, etc. it doesn't have to be perfect science and it makes it easier on everyone.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't need a joint account. get a credit card with two names, use it for all shared items, and split the bill at the end of the month. with utilities and whatever you can just juggle. you pay something that costs about 100, she pays something that costs about 100, etc. it doesn't have to be perfect science and it makes it easier on everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sexy. Ty.