Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Ok turn line with KK on 3-flush?

3/6 6-max, villains are too loose, reasonably aggressive, haven't been at the table very long so no strong reads, just that (think about 35/10/1.5 or so for both of them, don't have the numbers offhand but that seems about right).

UTG limps, I raise in MP with black KK, Button calls, blinds fold, limper calls.

3 to the flop for 7.33 sb's.

Flop is 567 two diamonds. Limper bets, I raise, BB cold-calls, limper calls.

Turn, pot is 6.5 BB's.

A Td falls. Limper bets again, I raise, BB folds, limper 3-bets, I fold.

This look ok, I want to protect my hand if still best, and when 3-bet I am clearly behind.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Ok turn line with KK on 3-flush?

With this scary flop I'd probably just smooth call the flop since any straight/flush draw except a gutshot has odds to see the turn even if you raise. Then if a rag hits the turn, you can raise from there.

The way you played it, the donk bet is real fishy so I'm not sure what I do. If you're going to see a showdown you're better off putting your 2 bets in on the turn to charge the other drawer for his straight. When he 3-bets it's a pretty easy fold like you said.

If it were HU, I'd probably just call to a showdown, but with the added player I think you're best off raising/folding. I like my KK too much to fold so I'm in the same camp as you by raising the turn.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Ok turn line with KK on 3-flush?

Don't know if this is the right play, but my standard is to call the flop. With the 3 straight cards and 2 flushes, the 3rd will be getting odds to call either draw. On the turn, I'd raise/bet on a non-scare card (no diamond, no 3,4,8,9). This gives the 3rd player the wrong pot odds to continue drawing.

If the flop was not so coordinated, I'd raise the flop and keep the pressure on everyone....