Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Fun with KTo

5/10 Windsor, game currently playing a little rocky. We have 2 posters in early and middle position, blinds are both tight, one is a 2+2er. EP player (loose kind of passive kid in a Yankees hat) limps, all fold except the posters who check, I raise with KTo on the button...

Blinds fold, limper/posters call (bleh), 4 to the flop for 9 bets.

Flop is KQ7, two hearts. Yankee checks, poster 1 checks, poster 2 bets, I raise, Yankee calls, other poster folds, P2 3-bets, we both call.

3 to the turn for 9 Big ones.

Turn is a T (non heart), check, bet, I raise, Yankee thinks and calls 2 cold, Poster mutters and calls.

3 to the river for 15 BB's.

3h falls. Check, check, I check.

Thoughts on all streets, esp preflop (is this enough of a hand here?), and on the river (bet fold?)
Old 08-08-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Fun with KTo

I'd bet fold if the turn cold-caller checkraises. I think you have "Yankee" beat and the if the cold-caller missed his OESD, you miss a bet from "Yankee." If he hit the flush it's going to be pretty obvious and if he has a bluff checkraise in him at this point all the power to him.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:42 PM

Dunno if I was unclear but Yankee wsa the cold-caller, poster was the bettor/raiser. He is not bluff check-raising me enough to make me call, I guess I just wonder how often he was something other than a flush here (he was loose, he wasn't retarded loose).
Old 08-09-2005, 12:33 AM

I'm sorry I misread it. Take what I said and switch Yankee to Poster.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:25 AM

I bet the river. If Yankee is really thinking, he doesn't have two hearts.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:58 AM

I like the raise preflop because you're probably ahead, and look at all the free bets you get! I love posters. I think flop and turn are fine. It appears that P2 has a K, though I wouldn't necessarily think that her kicker beats yours. Middle position posters generally aren't the brightest of people (a dangerous assumption, I know, but I seem to have lost my marble), especially when they don't take the opportunity to confront the rest of the field for a double bet by investing only one.

I think a bet/fold is better on the river b/c a worse hand (maybe even two) is likely to call you while a better hand will likely raise you.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:04 AM

Nick,

I like the PF raise with the posters in the pot, but otherwise believe the best hand will usually still win in this game. Not sure if KTo is lending much of an edge, even in position.

Moving to the hand, the fop 3-bet from P2 seems like the most telling piece. Is he aggro or does he have a nice piece of this Flop? Since he posted and limped, I'm more inclined to lean towards K7, Q7 or 77 than other hands worth 3 betting (AK, KQ, KK, QQ). Yankee looks like a draw (obviously).
I like the Turn raise and now think the only hand P2 can hold you lose too is KQo. As for Yankee, his holding can range from any flush draw or made straight (AJ or J9) to KJ, QJ, JT, T9.

On the River, P2 is not going to pop it (but will call with a lot of hands you beat) and since Yankee is LP a c/r will be a clear signal.

Eli