Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2003, 12:01 PM

Default What do you think of this? (Partypoker \"support\")

One day, a long, long time ago, Glenn was playing in a $100 NLHE SNG on Party. The following occured:

***** Hand History for Game xxxxxxxx *****
100/200 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL)

Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: Player 1 (2445)
Seat 4: Player 2 (4770)
Seat 5: Glenn (1065)
Seat 10: Player 4 (1720)
Player 4 posts big blind (100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Glenn [ 9s, As ]
Player 1 raises (200) to 200
Player 2 folds.
Glenn folds.
Player 4 calls (100)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 6s, Ks, 6h ]
Player 4 checks.
Player 1 bets (200)
Player 4 calls (200)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ah ]
Player 4 checks.
Player 1 checks.
** Dealing River ** : [ 4c ]
Player 4 checks.
Player 1 bets (1320)
Player 4 could not respond in time.(disconnected)
Player 4 calls all-In.
Creating main pot with $800 with players Player 4
** Summary **
Main Pot: 800 | Side Pot 1: 1320
Board: [ 6s Ks 6h Ah 4c ]
Player 1 balance 2845, bet 1720, collected 2120, net +400 [ 4s 4d ] [ a full house, Fours full of sixes -- 6s,6h,4s,4d,4c ]
Player 4 balance 4770, didn't bet (folded)
Glenn balance 1065, didn't bet (folded)
Player 4 balance 1320, lost 400 [ 6d Td ] [ three of a kind, sixes -- Ah,Ks,6d,6s,6h ]

Ok. So I go on to bubble in the tourney, even though Player 4 should have been out because there's no way he's going to fold trips there. I send the hand in to PartyPoker "support".

Four days later (record time) I receive back the following:

Thank you for contacting our Customer Care team.

We have investigated the time out of Player 4 in game #xxxxxxxxx.

We agree that timing out all-in under these circumstances appears suspicious.

We internally monitor players' actions with respect to collusion and all-in abuses. We also review and collect complaints filed by other players, such as yourself, regarding "suspicious" activities committed by some players. We keep all suspicious activities logged in a notes section on their account. A player that suffers a repeat occurrence faces being permanently banned from the games, as the integrity of our games is of paramount importance to us.

We have looked into (Player 4) records and collected 10 recent hands in which he had been disconnected, and we do see a pattern that makes a case for an intentional abuse of the feature. We take this matter very seriously and have not only warned the player in question, but have also restricted his all-in quota to 3 per week .

We thank you for the report; we appreciate it, as keeping the games honest is our highest priority. If you need any clarifications, have any questions or concerns; please feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at alerts@PartyPoker.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

So it this an ok solution?

In my opinion it's not. They found a "pattern of abuse", yet I am out $200 and this guy is still playing there. I don't know how I can play another SNG knowing that people are allowed to cheat me until they get warned.

Old 11-19-2003, 12:21 PM

Default Re: What do you think of this? (Partypoker \"support\")

[ QUOTE ]
We have looked into (Player 4) records and collected 10 recent hands in which he had been disconnected, and we do see a pattern that makes a case for an intentional abuse of the feature. We take this matter very seriously and have not only warned the player in question, but have also restricted his all-in quota to 3 per week .

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell would they think this would appease anyone? They would be better off public-relations wise if they just ignored you, IMO.