Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: LIberalism is Losing.....American is Shifting Back Towards its Roo

[ QUOTE ]
Rush is against drug decriminalization...

[/ QUOTE ]
I love irony.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rush is against drug decriminalization...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love irony.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the kind of thing that makes me wonder how anyone can take Rush seriously.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: you obviously hate America

I've never called any one person an America hater. I just posted a generic comment "to all the America haters", nor did I say "people who disagree with me are America haters"; you said that.

Window or Aisle seat? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2005, 05:53 PM

I actually have to take exception to this. Carter’s problem was that he was actually too smart. He was such an intellectual that he tried to micro manage every event. That was truly his downfall That and appointing a bunch of backwoods clowns
Carter did have a genius level IQ.

But....you can't blame all of Carter's lousy results on micromanagement and poor appointees. It is a poor craftsman that blames his tools. The Dems controlled the Legislative, Judicial, and Executive Branch. Because of this Carter had tons of power to carry out his policies and he used it. I lived through through the Carter years and they sucked. The Iran Hostages made him look like a complete wimp. Carter EASILY makes my top five in worst US presidents (Carter, Grant, Harding, Buccanon(sp?), ???).

Can you name one policy that Carter tried io implement but was sabotage by his micromagement or incompetant appointees?
Old 06-20-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: A solution for all the America haters out there

kurto the problem is the loonies hate Bush sooooooo much that they transpose that hate to the american soldier. Which gives people the impression that they hate america.
They believe Bush is evil so his troops must be evil as well.
I don't honestly believe you hate america. You hate Bush so much you instantly have to hate anything assosiated with him.
Bill Maher said it best I think.. something along the lines of " we start off every situation with " I hate Bush" and work from there, even ideas that we(liberals)supported before, we are now against because Bush is for them."
Don't be a hater.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you name one policy that Carter tried io implement but was sabotage by his micromagement or incompetant appointees?

[/ QUOTE ]

First I'm not defending Carter, I lived through that quagmire as well. In fact I was working for the government at the time. I agree that the Carter administration was one of the worst in history.

As to your question; the Iran rescue fiasco was a direct result of Carter trying to run it remotely from Washington. Second, Carter tended to get immersed in small localized problems at the expense of his attention to larger issues which was then left to the “Georgia Mafia”. Three Mile Island was a good example of that.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: A solution for all the America haters out there

[ QUOTE ]
kurto the problem is the loonies hate Bush sooooooo much that they transpose that hate to the american soldier.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they don't. Its typical of you loonies to tell others who they hate.

[ QUOTE ]
Which gives people the impression that they hate america.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 'people', because that would imply everyone thinks that way as opposed to just some of the dumber people from the right. Partisan propagandists tell the sheep that they hate america to demonize the opposition. Its illogical and stupid. The Rubes in the Republican Party buy it though and start to repeat it endlessly regardless of whether or not there's any truth to it or if it makes any sense.

[ QUOTE ]
They believe Bush is evil so his troops must be evil as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

As always, its hard to take you seriously. Since I've never heard anyone who dislikes Bush say this. Yet, you hear the more moronic people on the right say this sort of thing all the time. The fact that you buy into this idea says more about you then Democrats.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't honestly believe you hate america. You hate Bush so much you instantly have to hate anything assosiated with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there have been times I've been okay with some things he's done. Though those times are few and far between. But I don't hate him. I think he's terrible for our country because of his misguided policies.

If anyone cares about their country, and they think someone is bad for it, they'll oppose it. I would argue that I want Bush out BECAUSE I love my country and want it to be better.

But, morons out there will conclude if you oppose policies of the person they like, then you must hate America. So, a good moron test is... if you see 'John Doe' calling others "America Haters", then more then likely John Doe is an idiot.

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Maher said it best I think.. something along the lines of " we start off every situation with " I hate Bush" and work from there, even ideas that we(liberals)supported before, we are now against because Bush is for them."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there's some truth to that. Yet these people don't hate America. They hate Bush. You can see the same thing with the way many Republicans despise Hilary. And they have less reason to hate her. People should be judged on the quality of their ideas and how well they get the job done.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just posted a generic comment "to all the America haters", nor did I say "people who disagree with me are America haters

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, Please. We've heard the rhetoric enough times. People who dare to criticize Bush or something our country does, the Right labels them America Haters.

Don't act coy.

Were you writing your posting to Middle Eastern Terrorists?

Why don't you be specific then, since I don't think there's any America Haters on this forum. I'm not sure I'm aware of any Americans who qualify. So, if you don't mean it in the ugly way that Republicans demonize people who disagree with Bush... why don't you clarify how you meant it?
Old 06-20-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who dare to criticize Bush or something our country does,

[/ QUOTE ]

I never mentioned Bush.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't act coy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You’re right; I’m incapable of actually saying what I mean (unlike you). It’s just a vast conspiracy!

Read my second post in the thread.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:11 PM

Correction to Kurto - I did mention Bush [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]