Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt cashout whining

I withdrew FT funds last week and had them within the hour...
Old 09-17-2004, 04:48 PM

EFT's to my Swiss bank account take up to 2 weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2004, 05:34 PM

Heh, nice of you to castigate me. You are an excellent ambassador for Full Tilt. I spent a lot of time sitting alone waiting for one opponent to show up, getting hit and run, and waiting for another. The bonus is less that a full rake rebate. It is decidely -EV for me to play in sparse games with a reduced rake when I can just go to a major site and play constantly. Sitting there staring a my screen has an EV of 0, bonus or not. As far as your comment about clearing the bonus faster at a full table, the fact that some other sites might do it that way doesn't make it a good thing. If I am playing 15/30 heads up, I will personally pay about twice as much rake as I will in a full game. Also, as far as successful sites go, Stars, Party, and Paradise all clear bonuses by number of raked hands, and UB does it by UB points which you earn more of by starting a table. Since Full Tilt has problems getting games going, maybe they should consider something like this. I didn't see any of these full games at the higher limits you offer anyways--aside from an isolated few i started myself--so please tell me where to find those (do i need secret x-ray glasses or something?) Honestly I don't really care much about the bonus, I just wanted to try the new site. If you read my post, you would see that my real problem was a delayed cashout with no notice of why, and a delayed response to my email to them. For anyone interested, I emailed support after having no luck with "cashier" and got a reasonably fast response, as well as my money. 5 days...too long, but hey at least they didn't Dutch Boyd me.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:47 PM

Right on, Andy, your bonuses should be +EV for the player. In fact, just send us all a check for $50 for signing up, that is even more +EV!
Old 09-17-2004, 06:02 PM

ive been waiting since last wednesday. i emailed support but havent heard anything yet
Old 09-17-2004, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, nice of you to castigate me

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a link to the post where you were castigated?

Martin
Old 09-17-2004, 06:33 PM

Fair enough, that was a very poor word choice. I just found it a bit offensive that he took the time to "explain" to me why their bonus is good instead of addressing the actual point of my post which was a slow cashout and unresponsive support. I gave my opinion on the worth of their bonus because it came up. I'm not one of these bonus whores (not that there's anything wrong with that), I am a mid limit player who just wants to play mid limit poker at a place I can trust. The bonus is very hard to clear. It's the truth. And it's their right to offer a bonus or no bonus. I'm not telling them they have to give me a free $1000 to play there. What I am saying is that if they want to be succesful, they are going to have to get people to prefer their site for some reason, wheteher it be game selection, a bonus system, great support, etc... I expereinced none of these things.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:44 PM

It is decidely -EV for me to play in sparse games with a reduced rake when I can just go to a major site and play constantly.

some sites just don't get this, huh glenn? they will understand it when the market levels and some of the dead wood is gone. full tilt is not dead wood, but i think they need to listen to your comment i bolded above (that, and get someone other than andy to make PR posts)

jmho
Old 09-17-2004, 06:53 PM

You cleared $140 worth of bonus in a week, and you have 10 weeks to clear the rest? That sounds pretty good. Of course a 100% bonus should take longer to clear than a 20% bonus. Since you can clear 20% at a time, it's like you get five 20% bonuses.

You will clear the bonus faster at a full table, just like the bonus at many other sites.

The day of the live pro not underestimating the internet player appears to still be too far away.

UB has a notoriously slow bonus, but it drops into your account by the cent, so really it's 10000 1cent bonuses.

Is there any reason why $100 at 100% should take longer to clear than $100 at 20%, it's still a free $100 surely?

The point with 'still having ten weeks to clear it' is also pretty unreasonable.
Why should someone play ten weeks to clear a bonus that is, by all accounts, very slow, when they could go elsewhere and clear cumulative bonuses of the same size in less time?

As to clearing a bonus faster at a full table, this is very rare indeed, and if you think about it is clearly not too good for the site.

Whilst having a high and mighty attitude (Something I had never associated with you from the bits I have picked up.. your pleasant demeanour suits you better) could make you think you have the moral high ground, it will be scant consolation for you if you don't get customers.

To get a poker site running, you don't tell the customers what they should and shouldn't like, you do (within reasonable bounds) what the customers want.

Other sites have gone down this route and failed.

Remove yourself from your attatchment for a few hours and read what people are saying about your site, it's mostly negative.
Whilst you may have good reasons for what you are doing, it is not going to work if the customers can't see those reasons.

There are some very bright people, yourself included, behind Full Tilt, get some of that brain power working.

Lori
Old 09-17-2004, 06:56 PM

I have been a little snippy lately...I'm on patience tilt, but I'm glad you see my point. What's this about you going to Fwoods for the tournies? Is it true? I might go all the way up there from AC because my jackass poker friends are too lazy to come here. I'll buy you a prune juice or something...