Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Re: AK ugh

Call.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only maniacs cap the flop? Maybe he can fold if 3-bet on the turn, but I think a checkraise is definitely the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only maniacs cap the flop and bet the turn with more than a handful of hands we are beating. But plenty of people will cap the flop and bet the turn with tons of hands that have us crushed.

Honestly I don't feel too great about my hand after the flop is capped. In my opinion the only real reason to lead the turn is to prevent UTG+2 from taking a free card with a draw. He certainly won't bet if he has a draw unless he's quite stupid, so going for the checkraising already has a strike against it since it gives up value when he does have a draw here. And we are going to be behind a lot of the time here--I don't think this flop gets capped by most players with pretty much any hand we beat if it's purely for value. Maybe KQo. But we certainly don't have an equity edge against this guy's range of hands, in my opinion.

What range of hands do you put UTG+2 on when he caps the flop, and of that range which hands do you think he is going to bet the turn with? Which of those hands do you think he is going to threebet the turn with?
Old 11-19-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
, he probably wouldnt take the free card anyway,

[/ QUOTE ]
In a three-way pot? This guy would have to be incredibly aggressive (not to mention blind) to bet the turn here with a draw.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:46 AM

yeah, i was thinking it was heads up when i said that, but everything else i said still stands, also 3-way in the position jason is in i like a bet even more(as opposed to a c/r), if UTG+1 raises, i want BB to be faced with 2 cold, not caught in the middle as we do not have anything near a lock
Old 11-19-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i was thinking it was heads up when i said that, but everything else i said still stands, also 3-way in the position jason is in i like a bet even more(as opposed to a c/r), if UTG+1 raises, i want BB to be faced with 2 cold, not caught in the middle as we do not have anything near a lock

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think BB is folding anything we want him to fold. Most likely he has a hand that we want to remain in the pot, a king with a worse kicker. If he actually has an open ended straight draw or flush draw I don't see him going anywhere even for two cold on the turn.

I think check/call needs to seriously be considered as a turn option. I'm not saying it's right, but I do think checkraising the turn is reckless.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think check/call needs to seriously be considered as a turn option. I'm not saying it's right, but I do think checkraising the turn is reckless.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this, and i think its definately close, i was basically stating reasons why i think betting is a far surperior line to c/ring, also bet/folding might be a consideration depending on a read on villain
Old 11-19-2005, 04:20 AM

Fold, or call if UTG+2 is aggressive postflop. From your average 60/6, his line is screaming that he can beat TPTK. Really now. He plays over half the hands in the deck. Why can't you put him on a 6? When you decided to bet the turn, what % of the time did you think you were ahead?
Old 11-19-2005, 04:48 AM

dude gotta 3 bet thta f'ing flop, he aint got shite. that guy is a complete donkley amnd is betting KK and ytou got the bst hadn so i bet the flip. man you played this like a weak tight donkey like the other hand. dude i gotta see a showdown with this. i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] AK
Old 11-19-2005, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check raise the turn. Call, check/call if 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the part of jason's post where he said UTG+2 is a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only maniacs cap the flop? Maybe he can fold if 3-bet on the turn, but I think a checkraise is definitely the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's pumping a flush draw I do not want him to take a free card on the turn.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:28 AM

I'd say he has a 6 much more often than a flushdraw. Just call down when he caps the flop. Dont fold, he could have AK too.