Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: At Durron\'s suggestion...27s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think that pushing garbage into the biggest stack on the table with barely more than 3x is probably -EV, on instinct.

ICM says it starts to become -EV at around top 55%. If you're the big stack, are you folding Q2? I think I call with it if I know the SB has a wide push range, just because hero's stack is too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this guy wasnt a loose caller...plus I have a 2+2er to my right so I dont know how many opportunities I am going to get...Ill give ya a "its close" in other situations, but I had only shown good(ish) hands up til then and hadnt revealed my true nature yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that villian is folding the worst queens getting 2:1 then it's fine.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think that pushing garbage into the biggest stack on the table with barely more than 3x is probably -EV, on instinct.

ICM says it starts to become -EV at around top 55%. If you're the big stack, are you folding Q2? I think I call with it if I know the SB has a wide push range, just because hero's stack is too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this guy wasnt a loose caller...plus I have a 2+2er to my right so I dont know how many opportunities I am going to get...Ill give ya a "its close" in other situations, but I had only shown good(ish) hands up til then and hadnt revealed my true nature yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that villian is folding the worst queens getting 2:1 then it's fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would there against an unkown.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's bad
Old 11-01-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Q2o is a +0.5% call if the BB thinks that the SB is pushing (22+,A2+,K2+,Q2+,J3o+,J2s+,T6o+,T3s+,97o+,95s+,86s +,76s)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but why bother. Ok its nice to get your .5% EV yea baby they all add up, but I like my stack and and dont know that heros range is T6o etc. I fold coz I want my stack to be as big as possible when I push it in dreckly. I know there is a load of +EV opps to come so am not to bothered about declining a call with Q2.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Sure it's the right play, but I'm not gonna make it."
Old 11-01-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's bad

[/ QUOTE ]

If stacks are in neighborhood of 3-2-2-1-1, and I am the 3, I want to stay at a 3 because of the blinds...I like staying there especially when the 2 small stacks fold and I have the 2s (mid-stacks) in the blinds...this is a seperate thread though. If you're to my right, Ill call though...
Old 11-02-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Q2o is a +0.5% call if the BB thinks that the SB is pushing (22+,A2+,K2+,Q2+,J3o+,J2s+,T6o+,T3s+,97o+,95s+,86s +,76s)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but why bother. Ok its nice to get your .5% EV yea baby they all add up, but I like my stack and and dont know that heros range is T6o etc. I fold coz I want my stack to be as big as possible when I push it in dreckly. I know there is a load of +EV opps to come so am not to bothered about declining a call with Q2.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Sure it's the right play, but I'm not gonna make it."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
dont know that heros range is T6o etc

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I know there is a load of +EV opps to come so am not to bothered about declining a call with Q2

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant you read?
Old 11-02-2005, 10:01 AM

i think you have to push this b/c even if everyone folds to you next hand, you won't be able to push without a good hand b/c UTG (who will be the BB) will be calling just about anything. and if someone knocks out the UTG soon to be BB on the next hand, the BB will skip one player and be that much closer to you, so you have to steal on this hand. if UTG wasn't so shortstacked, i'd might fold this, but then again, i'm probably pushing, and pushing again next hand if given the chance.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:04 AM

Im not talking about the push Im talking about calling if you are the villain.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:25 AM

I am not that delicate.

At the low buyins I play and at these blind levels, being SB, coming first in, I am pushing any 2 any time no matter what kind of stack Im pushing into. Maybe one exception: I can survive one more complete round of blinds and at least two others will be forced to go all-in next round.

At the 15+1 you'll not get too many calls there...
Old 11-02-2005, 10:29 AM

Alright, here's my logic.

We are pushing into the biggest stack on the table. Thus, we are pushing into the opponent with the widest calling range with a terrible hand. This naturally makes me not like it.

On further analysis: this player was relatively tight for a big stack. We are 5 handed and not 4, so two people need to bust before us, and we have an M of 2.

Looking at the numbers, I think this is close. Maybe the fact that bluefeet was on pooh's immediate right makes this a push?