Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: At Durron\'s suggestion...27s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what % of hands do you think villain calls with here?

even if he calls with top 40%, Im still +.7ev...

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he calls with top 25% at most. Probably less than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll be getting better than 2-1 on a call against a relatively desperate SB. I'd call with more than 25%, though I'm not sure I'm calling with more than 40% (even though I probably should be). Any pair, any ace, any king, most queens, and a lot of connected/suited stuff.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:40 PM

I don't think you should be, actually, maybe by pot odds (i.e. chipEV) but not by ICM (i.e. $EV). I suspect him calling more than 40% would be wrong even if he put you on any two. Not sure though, not done the maths, just going on intuition there.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:45 PM

I just think that pushing garbage into the biggest stack on the table with barely more than 3x is probably -EV, on instinct.

ICM says it starts to become -EV at around top 55%. If you're the big stack, are you folding Q2? I think I call with it if I know the SB has a wide push range, just because hero's stack is too small.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just think that pushing garbage into the biggest stack on the table with barely more than 3x is probably -EV, on instinct.

ICM says it starts to become -EV at around top 55%. If you're the big stack, are you folding Q2? I think I call with it if I know the SB has a wide push range, just because hero's stack is too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

As villain, I'm folding Q2 in a millisecond.

I don't know that hero knows to push any two.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Q2o is a +0.5% call if the BB thinks that the SB is pushing (22+,A2+,K2+,Q2+,J3o+,J2s+,T6o+,T3s+,97o+,95s+,86s +,76s)
Old 11-01-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a good player, Q2o is a pretty easy call in my book. So in a high buyin tournament, I would call with Q2 almost every time...in a lower one, your opponents don't push so often, so folding becomes more reasonable.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Against a good player, Q2o is a pretty easy call in my book. So in a high buyin tournament, I would call with Q2 almost every time...in a lower one, your opponents don't push so often, so folding becomes more reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a 27, of course, so we agree in this case.

Anyway, the point remains that I have to have a specific read to call here with Q2o. There are plenty of clueless players at high buyins.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Q2o is a +0.5% call if the BB thinks that the SB is pushing (22+,A2+,K2+,Q2+,J3o+,J2s+,T6o+,T3s+,97o+,95s+,86s +,76s)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, now we're into the infinite loop "if he knows that I know that I should push any two, then I'll wait for a premium hand and double up" etc., etc.

Regardless, at the 27s, I'm pushing. Darn it.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but why bother. Ok its nice to get your .5% EV yea baby they all add up, but I like my stack and and dont know that heros range is T6o etc. I fold coz I want my stack to be as big as possible when I push it in dreckly. I know there is a load of +EV opps to come so am not to bothered about declining a call with Q2.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this guy wasnt a loose caller...plus I have a 2+2er to my right so I dont know how many opportunities I am going to get...Ill give ya a "its close" in other situations, but I had only shown good(ish) hands up til then and hadnt revealed my true nature yet.