Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 07:27 AM

Default $100Nl 6max hand, TPTK

I think im to weak in spots like these, what do you say? UTG is a fish (I wanted to isolate but bb joined in). My image is tight if he payed attention.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($184.37)
CO ($83.60)
Button ($47.90)
Hero ($92.15)
BB ($120.71)
UTG ($90.56)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $4.5</font>, BB calls $4, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($15) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10, UTG folds.

Turn: ($35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $30</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $65
Old 11-01-2005, 08:46 AM

Default Re: $100Nl 6max hand, TPTK

tough spot -

I dont want to play a big pot in the worst possible position with a hand like this.

Here's what I do- I call pre-flop ..Why raise A8o in the sb? it's just not a good play.

Check your PokerTracker stats take a look at how you do in general in the blinds with marginal hands-you will be surprised to seem how few hands are clearly profitable.

I'm calling in this spot and not getting tricky on the flop ..I'll just bet the pot or 3/4's of the pot. I dont think this type of hand is worth going to battle over unless you are up against a real maniac..be a little bit more patient and better scenario will come to you -dont try and push too hard..let the game come to you--I'm not saying be passive just be aggressive in better spots than this. Did you forget about utg -this guy may have a hand even if he is a fish. A8o is the sb is not a hand you attempt to try and isolate an utg fish.

This is a bad play that puts you in a bad spot-avoid these plays.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:54 AM

Do not raise, even to isolate with A8o in the SB. Its not a strong hand even at 6max. If you look at at other threads you'll see theres even debate about raising AK from the small blind your position is so bad. Isolating is fine but its 100% better if you have position when you do it.

Postflop tooks fine. Your hand isn't that strong, the board is hostile and the BB bets is large. Easy fold.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:09 AM

Ouch, fold this crappy hand preflop. If you had position at the fish it might have been ok to isolate here, but I fold there even then.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:03 AM

Ok, thanks for reply guys. I guess you found a leak, Ill tighten up in the blinds.