Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 07:28 PM

Default The Art Of Sit&Gos...vairence question

I began taking a shot at the $10+1 sit&go's starting two days ago, I've played and won them before, even at the $20 level, however being a limit hold'em player I never ventured into them full-time. Beleiving I was a better sit & go player I decided to try out a couple and see how I faired.

well not very pretty so far, and something is quite off here
I've played 12 sit & gos and am 2-10, but my 2 is two wins. Here are a couple of questions I have about a few of my bust-out hands.

#2.Level 3 - I had 700 chips remaining I had JQ in the BB i checked, flopped the nuts straight, guy ahead goes all in, I call he shows KT for two pair, I show straight T to A, he hits a K on the river busting me with a fullhouse

#3. Level 3- I have 500 chips made a gay play with AJ the hand before and get QQ. I'm in seat 7 go all pre-flop, guy calls me with K9 hearts, hits runner runner and hits his flush.

#4. Level 2 - I have KQ in the bb, i check thru and flop comes 4-5-Q rainbow. I bet the pot, guy re-raises all in, I call thinking he has QJ or TQ, he shows 55 for a set. nh to him.

#5. Level 6 - I'm on the bubble and have KK 1100 chips, I push all in, guy calls with J9, flop comes 99T turn and river no help im out in fourth.

Anything crazy about any of these plays? the thing that is frusterating so far, now I realzie 12 sit & gos is nothing but I either win, or can't get near the cash..is this typically normal of a poor player?

Thanks, just wondering if I should quit now

G.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: The Art Of Sit&Gos...vairence question

nice sample size.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:34 PM

1) Are you seriously asking what you should do when you have the nuts?
2)You don't mention what the blinds are. If they are at least 50/100, going all in is obvious. If they are 25/50 or lower, you could probably make a smaller raise.
3)Stack sizes are important. Can't decide without knowing stack sizes and blinds.
4)Once again, you're just posting bad beat hands. Are you seriously looking for someone to tell you you should have folded KK?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:34 PM

Smacks of a MBBP (multiple-bad-beat-post) too.

You know you didn't do anything crazy. You know these are bad beats. Write them down in a journal if it helps you. People here are just going to get pissed at you for posts like this.

And if you DON'T know those things then, yes, quitting is probably appropriate.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:36 PM

Of course he should have folded. You guys are too loose.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:37 PM

Boys,
these are from the 5 sit & gos i busted from earlier today,
I'm posting this just after winning one, sorry if this came across as a bad beat post, my question was in regards to pushing too early, should I,

I.e bet the pot more and react from there
just was wondierng if the push or fold mantality is getting me in trouble, I know these are bad beats but wondering if they are avoidable as well in some situations.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2005, 07:37 PM

The point here isn't the specific nuances of the hands in question. The point is that this is mostly a bullshit post.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:38 PM

BTW, you said you're a limit player. Playing 12 sngs and asking for analysis of your stats is like playing 30 hands of limit hold'em and asking why you can't win.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:39 PM

It is typical to either win or lose, very rarely will anyone tie in sit and go's. Also, you should have folded all of these preflop, since you should have known that you were going to lose. Even better yet, you should only have played in the tournaments that you ended up winning.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:41 PM

Fine. The first hand you have the nuts. Fold.
Last hand, you have the second best starting hand. Fold.

Seriously man, why post these hands when the answers are so goddamn obvious. They contribute nothing and you learn nothing.