Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Earrings on small children

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im going to pierce my daughters ears when she is young...of course i wont if she doesnt want it...but i see no problems with it

[/ QUOTE ]

I've come to the conclusion with this post (and many others prior) that you are just a troll who says things against the norm to piss people off

[/ QUOTE ]

how does that post suggest what youre saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

a common theme with her posts is the voicing of her opinion (which no one cares about) in a thread clearly showing an opposite view of everyone in the thread - just to piss them off

if she agrees she doesn't post - she gets no attention that way

[/ QUOTE ]

a chick like peachy saying shes wants to have her daughters ears pierced is not outrageous, youre overreacting. its not a hugely controverial position or anything, a ton of women are the same.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You don't think the act of piercing a child's ear lobe with needle is different than wearing clothes? Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I don't. It's not going to scar the child for life and it's a common practice. If the parent decides that it is appropriate for a young girl to have her ear pierced, that's acceptable and completely up to the parent. I don't get why that's so hard to understand.

Granted, I understand why you're being contary for the sake of being contrary, but do you seriously expect me to believe that you're so dense you can't understand my position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not being contrary I think you are wrong or rather I disagree. I do however understand your position as weird to me as it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with [censored] here - they're two totally different things, with totally different social implications
Old 10-12-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im going to pierce my daughters ears when she is young...of course i wont if she doesnt want it...but i see no problems with it

[/ QUOTE ]

I've come to the conclusion with this post (and many others prior) that you are just a troll who says things against the norm to piss people off

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a common theme with her posts is the voicing of her opinion (which no one cares about) in a thread clearly showing an opposite view of everyone in the thread - just to piss them off

[/ QUOTE ]

uummm MOST threads i reply to before reading...i dont read the whole thing and then post b/c then it wouldnt be my 1st initial feeling/thought. Also most threads i dont have the time to read through.

I dont care if noone cares about my opinion...i have just as much right to say what i think as anyone...just b/c someone doesnt care u shouldnt speak?? what kind of dark age are u living in? or how insecure are u? if everyone followed a norm and had the SAME ideas the world would be a very boring place with all the same people

ive agreed with things in the past...its not about attention...its what i think...if u dont like how i think dont read what i say
Old 10-12-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a chick like peachy saying shes wants to have her daughters ears pierced is not outrageous, youre overreacting. its not a hugely controverial position or anything, a ton of women are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm tempted to say most women, atleast the ones I have talked to about this. This is actually a pretty common disagreement between men and women. Perhaos there are some underlying power issues dealing with child rearing at play.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm tempted to say most women, atleast the ones I have talked to about this. This is actually a pretty common disagreement between men and women. Perhaos there are some underlying power issues dealing with child rearing at play.

[/ QUOTE ]

its b/c we were "little girls" once...and we know what kind of things they love. To dress up, have jewelry, wear makeup....not ALL the time but sometimes...i see nothing wrong with allowing her pierced ears
Old 10-12-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

uummm MOST threads i reply to before reading...i dont read the whole thing and then post b/c then it wouldnt be my 1st initial feeling/thought. Also most threads i dont have the time to read through.

I dont care if noone cares about my opinion...i have just as much right to say what i think as anyone...just b/c someone doesnt care u shouldnt speak?? what kind of dark age are u living in? or how insecure are u? if everyone followed a norm and had the SAME ideas the world would be a very boring place with all the same people

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying you don't have a right to say what you think - I'm saying that you go out of your way to make sure what you say gets the most attention it can, which is MY opinion

I agree with almost everything you say in your post, although I feel pretty secure myself
Old 10-12-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean that most women feel that their daughters should have their ears pierced young? This isn't a discussion I've had outside of this thread, so I'm not really sure what common feelings are about this.

I think that saying that there are underlying power issues is a bit of a stretch, I just think that men and women look at the issue differently. My guess is that men most likely tend to see earrings as a step towards maturity and that giving them to a girl when she's too young is trying to make her grow up too fast. I have a feeling that women tend to look at earrings as just another way for their daughter to look nice.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its b/c we were "little girls" once...and we know what kind of things they love. To dress up, have jewelry, wear makeup....not ALL the time but sometimes...i see nothing wrong with allowing her pierced ears

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree that is the female side but why is it that I and many other men seem to be oppossed. Perhaps an issue beyond that of ears getting pierced, (especially considering this is more than likely going to happen anyways). I'm thinking something stemming from a similar experience for most men at a very young age. Think below the belt.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not if you want to keep on having society portray women the way it has been
Old 10-12-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and the official reason was "I'm tired of people thinking she's a boy."

[/ QUOTE ]

what happened to pink outfits?