Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Who likes Stephen A. Smith?

http://www.thephatphree.com/features...StoryYear=2005

Top 50 People Who Need a Vicious Beating...

#25. Steven A. Smith

Does this guy ever NOT yell about the topic he is discussing? He’s like, “I tried to get a box of Tag-A-Longs from a girl scout the utha day….and she was ALL OUT! Clearly, this is not a case of her not havin’ any Tag-A-Longs….it was obviously a matta of her not wanting to sell her Tag-A-Longs to a BLACK MAN! Okay? I promise you ‘dat!”
Old 08-19-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe he is a great interviewer but otherwise sucks. Howard Stern is like that. I think his interviews are great but the radion show in general is pretty lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOW DARE YOU!
Old 08-19-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His opinions are not very educated but I like listening to him. Amusing, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite Frankly...that's all you need.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maybe he is a great interviewer but otherwise sucks. Howard Stern is like that. I think his interviews are great but the radion show in general is pretty lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOW DARE YOU!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this could be a thread hi-jack, but anyone who thinks Stern's radio show is great has only been listening for a couple years tops. This is the same show he's been doing for AT LEAST 15 years, and it was better before the novelty wore off.

It's amazing when you first hear it...and then (to use a horrible peachy word) meh after that.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess this could be a thread hi-jack, but anyone who thinks Stern's radio show is great has only been listening for a couple years tops. This is the same show he's been doing for AT LEAST 15 years, and it was better before the novelty wore off.

It's amazing when you first hear it...and then (to use a horrible peachy word) meh after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hijack away...this thread is lame anyway.

I'm a Stern fan, and I've been listening for at least 10 years. The current situation with the FCC has him a bit sterilized compared with the way he used to do the show, but I still enjoy it. I'll be following to satellite.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:21 PM

So when Stern goes to satellite, is it going to be no-holds barred? If it will be, I may have to get satellite, or at least get it off the net.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:23 PM

I think he's gonna have a great year. People forgot about him after his leg injury last year and Mushin Muhammad's stellar performance, but the Panthers tend to chuck the ball downfield a lot so you should expect Smith to have lofty numbers this year. He's falling way too far in most drafts, so you should be able to get him 50-75 picks into a draft easily.
Quite frankly, he will be a stud #2 WR this year.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He just likes to hear himself talk. I hate the little dance he's doing at the end of the promo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. What's the deal with that shimmy-shake?
Old 08-19-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So when Stern goes to satellite, is it going to be no-holds barred? If it will be, I may have to get satellite, or at least get it off the net.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no regulations on satellite. He has said that he's not going to swear just to swear, but if it has comedic value there will be no repercussions.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:26 PM

He can be very annoying. In fact, he's usually very annoying. But I really like sportscasters who don't sugarcoat their opinions, no matter how harsh they may be. I remember really thinking highly of him during the finals when he completely railed on some of the Pistons players for how horribly they played; I knew that no one else covering the game would say what needed to be said. It's always refreshing when someone tells it like it is. Barkely is a million times better though.

Oh and in regards to the Iverson interview, I thought it was awesome of course, but I didn't really think it had much to do with Stephen A's interviewing skills. The interview rocked because Iverson basically went wherever he wanted with it, and he's such a compelling character that as long as he got to say what he wanted, it couldn't be bad. I didn't think Smith kept the interview very focused, it kind of skipped around a bit.