Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Ugly River Action. Puke then call cap?

BB is a donk and I followed him to this game and Button seems like your typical multi-tabling TAG. My question on this hand has to do with the river and what to do when it is capped back to me. The pot is freaking huge but am I still good enough times to make this a profitable call especially since the button doesn't seem to be slowing down? Would calling the river donk bet by BB be a better line? Also, comments on all streets appriciated.

Stats:
Button: 23/14/3.5 through ~100 hands
BB: 56/19/1.6 through ~400 hands

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (15.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>
Old 07-25-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Ugly River Action. Puke then call cap?

They can't both have JJ. I'm not sure what else you're scared of, after the turn action. I think you have the best hand here way too often to fold.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:14 AM

Folding would suck. You've got a very good hand. I think / hope one of them has trips and the other made the straight. Basically you're not beat anywhere near enough times out of ten to fold this.

Not sure about the preflop call - are you looking for multiway action or what? Flop and turn pretty much play themselves. I think.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:48 AM

As far as the preflop call goes I felt like there was enough money in the pot already and enough people that liked their hands that I could make up bets fairly easily the times I flop a set.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:48 AM

Your hand is too good to fold especially after the turn action.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:25 AM

Hmmn seems to me you're probably against a straight (and/or) trips, I'd call down. Then again, I suck (just feel I have to mention it so that nobody ends up losing money cuz of me (except the ones i play), maybe i'll put it to my sig).

I've seen a lot of plays like this in PS 0.5/1 (which is probably worse level than this but anyway). They could be playing hands like AT, AQ, T9. Of course there's always possibility of TT, KK, JJ or sumthin' cross your fingers and hope it's not the case ;P
Old 07-26-2005, 10:08 AM

You are toast when a TAG 3-bets you on this river.

He will put you on a flush draw, 2-pair, or a set after your flop action. On the turn he knows you are holding a flush at the very worst, but more likely a boat. His 3-bet means he can beat a flush. Since you have the worst boat possible you cannot possibly be ahead. FOLD.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They can't both have JJ. I'm not sure what else you're scared of, after the turn action.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do JT, KT, TT and KK strike you. Probably button has the pocket pair (TT definetly plays this way). BB might have something like KT or JT, or maybe the flush or straight.

That said, I don't think I have the discipline to fold here.