Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 02:25 AM

Default A Hand from tonight\'s 2+2 game

Villain is TAG who is currently playing super LAG deliberately and showing the bluffs. He has been putting people all in in 5 of the last 7 hands.

Does anyone play this differently?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($135.9)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($79.65)</font>
MP ($57.65)
CO ($38)
Button ($49.98)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($196)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $6.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $6, CO folds, Button folds.

Flop: ($17) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($17) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($17) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $72.65 (All-In), SB calls $67.65.

Final Pot: $162.30

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qc Ad (two pair, aces and queens).
SB has 2c 5c (straight, five high).
Outcome: SB wins $162.30. </font>
Old 06-18-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: A Hand from tonight\'s 2+2 game

LOL. See the post on this hand from another perspective...

Your checkraise on the flop was no good; bet the turn hard &amp; hope he plays back, allowing you to get your money in while you've still got the best hand. You got greedy! Don't let LAGs draw for free! If they crack you you WILL have to pay them off; make them pay!

EDIT: Sour makes a fine point; I'm on the tail end of a marathon session &amp; can't even be trusted to notice a four-straight, three-flush board any more. Why not a pot-sized raise on the river? Hopefully you can lay down to his push. Your line, sadly,is kinda fishy; check/, check, check-push has nothing but drama to recommend it without the stone-cold nuts &amp; someone betting off their stack for you. C'mon, dude; this ain't Rounders.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:32 AM

The board is showing 4 to a straight and the flush draw got there. Since you checked through, he could really have anything. A LAG will put people all-in with his bets, but he won't call in the same fashion (edit: not "a" LAG, but a 2+2 lag, that is).

Villain only calls your all-in with hands that beat you, because he would've bet anything else on earlier streets.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The board is showing 4 to a straight and the flush draw got there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what's funny?

I didn't even notice this. I was so enamoured with my top 2 pair that figured to be such a monster in this spot, that I didn't even look at the board again after the turn.

I'm actually glad I got stacked here. I deserved it.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:39 AM

I know the feeling. Deep breaths, stay tiltless [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You got greedy!

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have seen this game. It was an all in fest.

I just wanted to get all in too, but not with the garbage they were showing down.

I really thought I had him here, but I was completely blinded by my own hand. I never even considered his hand.

As a matter of fact, I didn't even look at the river card until after the pot was being pushed to him.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:41 AM

I don't see any threads about a 2+2 game... and I don't see any private tables at party right now. What gives?
Old 06-18-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the feeling. Deep breaths, stay tiltless

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. LOL

I did. I actually rebought and left the game with a $67 profit after everyone else quit.

That's gotta mean something good [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You got greedy!

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have seen this game. It was an all in fest.

I really thought I had him here, but I was completely blinded by my own hand. I never even considered his hand.

As a matter of fact, I didn't even look at the river card until after the pot was being pushed to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a lesson to take to heart here. Maniac games can be extremely profitable, but it's more important than ever to maintain your focus &amp; composure, as one bad play can wipe out the huge stack you should be building.

What the hell's the matter with you guys, anyway, donking each others' stacks back &amp; forth for giggles? Crazy kids.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any threads about a 2+2 game... and I don't see any private tables at party right now. What gives?

[/ QUOTE ]