Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: getting pushed out on the river

[ QUOTE ]
WA is typically when your opponent has 3 outs or fewer, yes. Some might draw the line at 4, but any more starts to become significant.

As for a line, I'm not sure I like the flop donk, but a c/r could be very expensive. It partially depends on my read of the villain. Will he raise me with a worse hand on the flop? Does he like to slowplay? Does he take free cards? I'd consider c/c on the flop, donk the turn to prevent him taking a free card w/ KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing check/call bet. As played if your intent on showing down i would check/call to induce a bluff betting has little to no value.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
normally, i fold here. i put him on Ax ot high PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a bad move. Bet/folding the river often at .1/.2 is yuuucky.

Other than that, NH, esp. good bet on the flop.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:25 PM

as said, i fold here often. if the river would have been higher than 5, i would have folded. a leak?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as said, i fold here often. if the river would have been higher than 5, i would have folded. a leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you reason that way, you shouldn't bet the turn since if he call the flop bet (nice bet btw) he will call the turn bet too , especially at these stakes. The only card that comes on the river that I would imagine folding to would be a K or Q. An queen is a 50/50 situation and depends on my reads and gut feeling. Since honestly, do you imagine him sitting on a 7,8,9 or T? I have a hard time seeing him playing one of those cards this way unless it's a pp and then we are already beaten.

I check/call the turn and river unless river is a K or Q in which case I have to re-think.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:39 PM

If he's aggressive I check call the river so he bluffs and I save a bet if I'm screwed. Otherwise I think I bet/call as well.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:44 PM

thanks for all the comments.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:33 PM

You flopped a FH. If you were beat villain probably would have raised on the turn. Call the river.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*** grunch ***

I probably re-raise the river here. It looks like he might be bluffing. The only 2 hands you have to worry about are a higher pocket pair or if he has is a 6. Few people at this level can resist the urge to raise a full house on the flop. I think you are ahead here more often or not.

I think it would take a ton of restraint for him to wait until the river to raise you. To me, it looks like a random bluff attempt and I squeeze him for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If his raise is a pure bluff, he would surely fold to a rr. If he isn't bluffing, Hero will face a 4-bet. We have nothing to gain by raising a bluffer on the river.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You flopped a FH. If you were beat villain probably would have raised on the turn. Call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would they?

Trip Aces out makes it very unlikely someone holds the last Ace. If you had KK/QQ and someone bet into you, wouldn't you want to smooth call with the (likely) best hand. This will provide some incentive for the bettor to continue his aggression and bet the turn again. The second effect is that you may get callers with you who will make second/third/etc best hands.

I'd probably wait until the river to pop that hand with KK/QQ.

EDIT: It would be risky with QQ since you would hate to see a K, but this definitely applies to KK.