Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Curtains: flop decision

[ QUOTE ]

Well, unless work has completely destroyed my brain (a distinct possibility) I think calling the all in would be $2000 to win $3000, so it is fairly close, especially since a certain % of the time the A and T outs are no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, i wasn't very clear about the $5500, and my addition was bad. Initially there was $600 in the pot, plus your $400 bet and his $400 call, before his push. So that gives brings the pot to $1400. You have an extra 2K left, so you'd call his 2K and use your own, giving you $5400.

But i do agree, that in a lot of situations it's good policy to take down the pot right away when you're probably the favorite.... also good to set the tone that you'll bet if it's checked to you...
Old 12-28-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Interesting raise on the turn. My standard play would probably be just a smooth call there, but then again I play the $11's. At this level, a smooth call might scream "I have the nuts," as others were saying, so a raise looks good. The BB can't be too good of a player... what is he calling the raise with on the turn? A straight or Jack-high flush? In his spot, I fold in a second to that raise...
Old 12-28-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is he calling the raise with on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is getting correct odds to call if he has a set. If he has a set, he is a 3.5 to 1 underdog, and calling the turn re-raise gives him 3.6 to 1 odds. Perhaps that is the answer.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:09 PM

lol, there is zero chance he had a set. You give too much credit.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lol, there is zero chance he had a set. You give too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that b/c a mid PP would re-raise preflop? What do you think is villan's holding? In other words, what kinds of hands will someone call with in the BB to such a raise at your level of play? What do you think was his purpose in calling the turn? Hoping to check it down after the river?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is that b/c a mid PP would re-raise preflop? What do you think is villan's holding? In other words, what kinds of hands will someone call with in the BB to such a raise at your level of play? What do you think was his purpose in calling the turn? Hoping to check it down after the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

a set bets a good % of the chance on the flop, at least, i would
Old 12-28-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a set bets a good % of the chance on the flop, at least, i would

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't agree w/another poster here who said this smells like a trap? would checking the flop be one way to try to trap? i'd probably bet out as well to protect my hand against a flush draw . . . but perhaps others would not be so fearful of the flush draw
Old 12-28-2005, 07:32 PM

I would raise the turn because I want to get my whole stack in the times I have the nuts. I can't do that by calling the turn.