Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-22-2005, 01:17 AM

Default AQ: Pot vs short stack in 40k PP 20+2

Do I c-bet here, go all-in, or what? If I c-bet and he pushes, do I call? Why?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP3 (t2098)
CO (t1823)
Button (t4064)
SB (t775)
BB (t3825)
Hero (t7168)
UTG+1 (t1420)
UTG+2 (t3790)
MP1 (t11672)
MP2 (t5825)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls t600, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (t1500) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ??
Old 12-22-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: AQ: Pot vs short stack in 40k PP 20+2

I really hate that flop. And I think he'll call your continuation bet. Check/folding is horrible but I just feel if you push or continuation bet you are going to be giving him 2000 chips.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: AQ: Pot vs short stack in 40k PP 20+2

It's a little hard to tell without more information. I have found myself basing my "To C-Bet or Not to C-Bet" decisions on who I am against and what my image is. The question you have to really ask yourself in this situation is "How likely is a C-Bet to work?" Barring reads in you situation, I would probably skip this one as two Broadways are more likely to have some kind of meaning to someone else who as called your raise. An additional consideration on this hand is are YOU and is HE willing to play for his entire stack?

I will also skip potential C-Bets if I am at the same table for a while. This might be a mistake, but it makes it a little easier (I feel) to read opponents when they play back at me.

I think All-In is not an option with no flush draw on your side, plus it gives him 2-1 odds to call.

If you C-Bet (700) and he pushes (798 more), I think you call: you are getting 4-1 and may have as many as 10 outs. You are at a point in the tournament where you need to start taking advantage of your bigger stack. If you lose, you will still have over 5000, and it may reduce the likelihood of people playing back at you with weak hands or air because of your willingness to call.

If you check and he pushes, fold, you are most likely behind and you only spent 600. I think this is the line I prefer in this situation.