Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Golden Tee

I played decent last night, but my drives didn't improve. The muscles near my elbow started hurting after the like 6th hole or something. Only ended up playing about 14 holes and was tied for the lead out of 4.

The real key to not being [!@#$%] (IMO) is chip shots, which I currently suck at. Especially the real close bunker shots with no green to work with. Yuck.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
learn how to knock it in from just off the green using the 7-iron and/or 5-wood (draw back maybe 30% and hit the ball very lightly; adjust to the slope of the green as if you were on it and putting; make sure you land the ball in front of the hole at an appropriate angle and distance for the slope). This is how you get eagles.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the key to becoming great at this game.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:12 PM

Don't roll the ball backwards on putts, just straight toward the hole. You'll get the truest roll that way.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I'm the 2p2 champion. I played this at the NYC STTF get together and kicked the [censored] out of pooh74, pokerlaw, and Voltron87. Just thought you'd like to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf??? We played like 3 holes and you were up by a stroke...that proves nothing.

a good technique for distance is double thumb on the drive...more torque that way and the ladies like it too.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I'm the 2p2 champion. I played this at the NYC STTF get together and kicked the [censored] out of pooh74, pokerlaw, and Voltron87. Just thought you'd like to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf??? We played like 3 holes and you were up by a stroke...that proves nothing.

a good technique for distance is double thumb on the drive...more torque that way and the ladies like it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i gave him crap about this too. i'd be up for another meetup and some GT/drinking, plus ive qualified for a bunch of big MTTs and want to ask those guys some questions. that would be ridiculously valuable, they are really good players. maybe somewhere better than dallas bbw tho.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i gave him crap about this too. i'd be up for another meetup and some GT/drinking, plus ive qualified for a bunch of big MTTs and want to ask those guys some questions. that would be ridiculously valuable, they are really good players. maybe somewhere better than dallas bbw tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, guys...

don't be jealous.

i'll give lessons....$100/hr
Old 12-16-2005, 05:51 PM

Aw, Franklin got banned. What a waste of a potentially decent Arrested Development gimmick character.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:12 PM

i think i could get to your level with a 3 nights play or so.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, guys...

don't be jealous.

i'll give lessons....$100/hr

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in for a world of hurt. I didnt even utilize the backspin button because I was engrossed in that convo at the table behind us about that 3-way...

Yeah, we should get another get together organized at some point...I'm always game.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:26 PM

guys, guys.

don't kid yourselves.