Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Tricky spot with KK...??

[ QUOTE ]
You guys do know there are situations where a betting by hero and calling by villan is +EV for both players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about that when I saw that post. I got very confused and my view on poker turned upside-down. Then I figured it out again.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This also works in reverse. By that I mean if is correct for Villain to call then it can't be correct for you to push. And if you can't push then you check behind. If you had been kind enough to put pot sizes on flop and turn this would be an easy calc. As it is it's too much trouble. You'll have to do it yourself.

I think it'll be close, therefore not a 100% push. If so, check behind and push the river on a blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case it hasn't been stressed enough this logic is seriously flawed. I in no way, mean to offend the poster. Its just a common misconception thats all.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys do know there are situations where a betting by hero and calling by villan is +EV for both players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...
Old 12-16-2005, 05:01 PM

Clearly I have been caught gibbering incoherently. I did indeed forget that it is possible for both players to make +EV plays at the same time. For some reason my brain was not properly engaged. I can not think of any conditions that would entitle villain to a free card when that card could beat me. Although I'm donk enough to post something like that I'd have to give it up if I actually made a play like that.

Thanks for the correction.