Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-15-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: 5/10 I (sorta) make my hand on the turn

[ QUOTE ]
your hand is probably not good right now especially since villain bet the turn when you checked to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and FF both say this but I can think of tons of hands that I'm ahead of that a lag will choose to make turn bet. I can think of very few hands that I'm behind to.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:50 PM

Disagree that the turn bet means HEK behind.

Villain probably views HEK's checkraise flop + check on the Ao turn as some hand that was trying to win on the flop and is now ready to give up (77,88 whatever).

Original raiser probably feels its okay to represent Ace on the turn and takes a much larger stab.
Villain's stats make his plausable checkraise calling hands much more colorful.

A push is still -EV tho. I think.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:28 PM

A lot of posters seem pretty convinced the c/raise all in on turn accomplishes the opposite of what a bet is supposed to do--it makes worse hands fold and better hands call.

I'm not convinced, at least not completely. What are our reads here? No one on this thread has come up with a read yet. Villain raises from position with one limper and so can have range of hands. When he calls check-raise on flop, what do we have him on?

I think the key to the hand is on the turn. What does villain fire with? I think AK, possibly with K of hearts, is a possibilty. Hero's hand could have A-hearts, but could easily be 66-TT. DO we think Villain would bet turn with Kx Kh? Qx Qh? How about just AK-AJ? How about a weird hand like Qd Kh just trying to represent an A?

All that said, what's wrong with the check-shove on turn? Can't Ad Ks make a tight fold here? And can Kd Kh make a loose call? Is that just hoping?

A check-call is interesting, but what is your plan on the river? If the heart comes, you probably dont get action from Ad Ks, you defitely dont from AJ, and if it doesnt you probably have no chance of making Ad Ks fold. If it comes, you might get paid off by Kd Kh, but if it doesnt I dont think you get a call from that hand, likewise with Qx Qh, whereas both might make a loose call on river. So is there value in check-shove? Am I way off the mark with my analysis here?

Lemme know.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:13 PM

The flop c/r looks like a made flush. So what kind of hand do you think Button needs to call the flop c/r? I would never have thought of checking the turn for fear the button makes a PSB. As played it clearly looks like exactly what it is: a flush draw (nut?) that missed. If you've got a nut flush draw that just hit top pair Button should be making a PSB to take away your implied odds and rep a made flush. Given stack sizes the Button should probably push. Your push is your only option as played. I'd have made a $300-$350 turn bet and pushed the river.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PSB

[/ QUOTE ]

??