Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: River block turned call...

i'm sensing from your posts that he had the ace. how much longer do we have to wait in suspense
Old 12-08-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm sensing from your posts that he had the ace. how much longer do we have to wait in suspense

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe until more than 2 people have chimed in on the subject.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:56 PM

IMO, your check/call of the flop means you have a strong hand. Wouldn't he bet the turn if he continue bet a hand with an ace/six (unlikely 6) in it and then makes his straight? I mean, I'm not saying every time I'd bet the turn here with an A or 6, but most of the time I would. I'd bet hoping to get more money off you drawing to your boat/or to see if you might have made a straight as well.

Your blocking bet on the river looks pathetically weak compared to the pot. Awesomest wakes up and thinks he might be able to push you off your hand by raising huge. The action seems too strange; I'd look him up and expect my hand to hold up enough of the time for it to be profitable.

Curious - what was your line going to be with a blank turn?
And what do you do if he bets turn? Call/block bet river? If he raises your blocking bet with this action, do you fold then?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:00 AM

I don't know how he plays, but your river bet is kind of brutal if you're not planning on calling the raise.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:03 AM

Yeah, right after I made it I groaned. Was trying to block but that was too small. I'm really good at paying off like a slot machine on the river. So I'm trying to improve that via blocking bets.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And what do you do if he bets turn? Call/block bet river? If he raises your blocking bet with this action, do you fold then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot possibly imagine his set would be good given this action...

For some reason I seem to respond to posts so much more quickly when I'm in the middle of writing my senior thesis than when I'm actually doing something enjoyable
Old 12-09-2005, 12:08 AM

If he bets turn, and I call to fill and miss on river I probably check/fold. That looks much more like an Ace to me than his line.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:51 AM

I don't really understand the logic behind the blocking bet to begin with. You think that check-folding here is too weak?

What is he going to bluff with here ... 99? KQ? You know the competition a lot better obviously but it sounds like most bets on the river would be A's.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know the competition a lot better obviously but it sounds like most bets on the river would be A's.

[/ QUOTE ]

could not be farther from the truth. imo. I mean I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have to this opponent, but generally speaking, most don't just bet this river with an ace.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:15 AM

What did he have? I'm very curious. I bet you were either good or he had the 6 but not the ace.