Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 02:40 PM

Default New restrooms at Commerce

There are new Vegas style restrooms at commerce in the area near the NY Deli. These are really nice...even nicer than the ones at Bike.

Anyone want to set an over/under on how long it takes the scumbags at Commerce to make a mess of these things?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: New restrooms at Commerce

The Commerce bathrooms are disgusting. The worst thing I ever heard/saw in there was two guys shitting in stalls next to eachother and telling eachother bad beat stories while taking craps.

It sounded like this, "So I'm on the button with Ace Jack and *grunt* the flop comes JJQ and *grunt* *fart* so I bet..."

I wanted to stab my ears out.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:48 PM

I love a good restroom, some places make "dropping a deuce" a genuinely pleasant experience. Local notables are the mirage bathrooms by the poker room, and the wynn's roomy, yet understated stalls with the trough hand washing stations. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Give the freaks in LA LA land enough time and I wouldn't expect anything less than insanity.

al
Old 12-05-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Commerce bathrooms are disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I hafta drop a duece at Commerce, I go upstairs and use the restroom next door to where they have the tournaments. It's quiet and the restrooms are much cleaner than downstairs because most of the scumbags don't know its there.

If I hafta drop a duece at Hollywood Park, I just hold it.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:13 PM

"Anyone want to set an over/under on how long it takes the scumbags at Commerce to make a mess of these things?"

I'm constantly amazed when I run into a fellow player in the restroom, that is, a player who plays the same stakes I do (and who might even be in the particular game I'm currnetly in). Well less than half of them wash their hands after doing their business.

Recently I told a floorman that the restroom needed attention. He went in himself, came out and asked me what the problem was.

Yikes.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are new Vegas style restrooms at commerce in the area near the NY Deli.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I'm ignorant, but what are Vegas style restrooms?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if I'm ignorant, but what are Vegas style restrooms?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clean, nice looking, no lingering odors, with an attendent and/or shoe shine man present. Of course, not all bathrooms in Vegas are "Vegas style."
Old 12-05-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...Well less than half of them wash their hands after doing their business.

[/ QUOTE ]So true. The way I see it, at least wet your fingers and pretend to wash them in the presence of others.

I remember the first time I saw a guy bathing himself at the sink. It really shocked me, now I don't even notice it much anymore. There was a new one this week. At the restroom near the entrance of the Asian Games side, I saw a man literally washing his mouth out with soap. It was all foamy and he was using his hands to lather his mouth inside and out with the soap from the dispenser.

Sorry for the hijack, sternroolz.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:38 PM

Wow, that is bizarre. Actually, I wasn't too pleased with the bathrooms at Commerce or Bike when I visited, and it kinda felt like there was a high probability of getting mugged in both bathrooms. Maybe I didn't go to the right ones. Commerce does have good bathrooms on the high side near that this glassed in smoking room...fewer people in there and much cleaner.

Jeff
Old 12-05-2005, 04:18 PM

Hi Jeff,

No, you are correct, that is probably the only restroom that is normally clean and quiet, with the least chance of getting jacked. However, what sternroolz is describing is the one on the opposite side near the low-limit games, which just got a complete remodel. It is spectacular! However, the same players will go there and will continue to bathe there after a 48 hour session.