Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips was right

Well he has a 3rd star now so I guess the deed is done.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:54 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

incase anybody missed the 'you know you are a child of the 60s when...' thread before i locked it, see http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=4083785

this resulted in a 'why did the mods lock the child of the 60s thread?' with no text in the body of the post by tek, which i deleted and contacted him via pm to say it was locked because it sucked.

he pmd back and said that the zoo and science/philosophy forums might as well be eliminated, and that 'power corrupts'. i suggested i am not the moderator of the zoo, and also pointed out that oot gets 4 times as many posts as the zoo and is the busiest forum on 2+2 by a mile so it needs more vigilant policing to maintain a high signal to noise ratio.

he didn't respond, but started yet another thread at http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=4102012 to complain about inconsistent moderating. i locked it and pmd him again to say that he could bitch and moan all he wants privately, but if he keeps starting crap threads in oot he is going to be banned (and that i would ban him from just oot if i could, but i can't). i noted to him that this was because of the useless threads, not because he was disagreeing with me.

so in summary, this is basically all happened because of his obnoxious defense of the first link, a copypasted email joke. the thread did have a fair amount of content from other posters, but i think allowing the dumping of email jokes onto this forum is a bad precedent to set. people will see them, come out of the woodwork with their own, and the place will start to look as unfortunate as so many cubicle dwellers' office inboxes.

the OP of the 60s thing also posted http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=4084521 at the same time, which was locked.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:00 PM

IP ban him please. otherwise they just come back and flame some more.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:10 PM

Dude, you don't need to explain yourself. If I recall, at the beginning of the [censored] regime, you are the one who said, "If SIIHP is wrong, I don't want to be right."

QOTY.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:17 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

oh, i'm fine with the decision - it wasn't a justification. i just thought i'd record it in summary here so that any other moderator looking at his account can read this thread (i linked to it in the private notes field of his account), and i thought it might be interesting to some readers to hear how it got to this point.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We needed another battle royale thread about moderation. Thanks for starting it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-05-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this resulted in a 'why did the mods lock the child of the 60s thread?' with no text in the body of the post by tek, which i deleted and contacted him via pm to say it was locked because it sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

A thread was locked for no other reason than it didn't amuse a mod?

I don't mean to start a whole thing here, but seriously?

Note that I haven't seen the thread in question, though the fact that it may or may not have sucked is irrelevant to the discussion IMO.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(note--I'm a hebe so I can say use the n word...kind of like black guys using their n word)

[/ QUOTE ]
This doesn't make any sense. You'd have to be using the slur for Jewish people for this to be correct. Or you'd have to be German.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(note--I'm a hebe so I can say use the n word...kind of like black guys using their n word)

[/ QUOTE ]
I can just imagine two orthodox jews encountering each other on the street.

Jew #1: "SHALOM MY NAZI!!!"
Jew #2: "WAZZUP ADOLF?!?"

or...maybe not.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:34 PM

would that be jazi's, like wiggers?