Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Hows this line?

$2/$4 NL...6 max

I raise to $16 UTG with QQ. Button calls. We both have $400 and I have no read.

Pot $38. Flop 752. I bet $26 and he calls.
Pot $90. Turn 9. I check. I see alot of guys calling a flop bet just to see if you'll fire again. So I decided to check to see if he would bet. I figure he'll bet almost anything thinking I have AK / AQ and I'll fold.

He bets $48 and I check raise to $150. How do you like this line? I figure it gets an extra $48 out of him alot of times, but what if he pushes in? In this case, he did push all in and I called. If you are willing to call his all in here, would it have been better to bet the turn?
Old 12-03-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Hows this line?

I really like this play, its something i also do now and then. But much depends on the villian.
Some people facing the move you did, just dont know whats going on and are capable of pushing with ex 56 67 78, because they are SO sure you messing around. Vs a avg\normal player I think I would pass this.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:34 PM

"Pass it" meaning what? You wouldnt check raise...or you wouldnt call his all in?
Old 12-03-2005, 05:41 PM

pass it = I mean, fold to the push. VS a player whos avg\normal. ( I answered quick, but you gotta call about 200more,right? Pot?
Hows your thoughts of the opponent here?

btw, it this Prima network?
Old 12-03-2005, 05:56 PM

Yeah, its Prima. I had never played the guy before.

Its about $200 to me with a $600 pot.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:15 PM

Ok, pretty tricky situation. Hard when you dont know something. Call, pray, rebuy. I think you often are behind here.

Im GETM by the way, think ive played you alot before. (but its two or three Icemens there tho)
Old 12-03-2005, 06:25 PM

This seems really bad to me. The check-raise seems like little more than a bluff, and when he re-raises you all-in.. what do you put him on?

It seems very reasonable that he would call you preflop with 77, 99, even, 55 and 22 trying to catch a set and... stack your overpair.

Seems like best case you're up against another overpair, but your line screams big hand, and he would have to be pretty dumb to push with worse than QQ.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:33 PM

My Prima screen name has nothing to do with iceman.
Marko, The problem is that Im getting 3-1 now and I think that most people dont see this line much. Most people would just bet the turn again with a big pair. I think that alot of people would push there thinking Im full of it with my unimproved AK.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:50 PM

I would fold to his all in. You have shown a lot of strength by ck raising on the turn, and he continues to move all in. Unless he is the type that would push here with a sr8 draw, I think you are beaten.

I think you would be better off pushing all in yourself if you r going to call his all in, since he may take your all in as a bluff and call with top pair type hands.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:07 PM

So you would rather I open push $358 into a $90 pot? Or did you mean that I should check raise his $24 bet all in?

Thats $358 into a $114 pot, but I could see that as an option because it will really piss him off and make me look like an idiot. He might call with A9 and if he has nothing hes folding to any check raise anyway.