Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: multi-way big draw, little fold equity

Not sure why you think UTG has an over pair, you didn't really provide any reasoning. Looks like to me he missed the flop and I'd be more worried about a bigger draw then an over pair. If one of these guys has an over pair your ~53% to win. If UTG is on a bigger flush draw, like AQ, or AK of diamonds, then you're not looking good.

It would also really suck if CO has a set, but given the action, both flop bets are pretty donkish. I think given stack sizes, and the fact it's really hard to tell what these guys have here I'd prefer a raise to $40 on the flop and see how they react. Most of the time I'd prefer a push, but the action is just too wierd.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought this hand was interesting, suprised there weren't more comments. Anyway the flop action continues...

Flop ($12.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG bets 5, CO min raises to 10, hero... calls, BB folds, UTG raises to 35, CO folds, hero... ?

situation has changed somewhat. it's no longer multiway and UTG holding a big pair is more likely. Still don't think i have much folding equity, but since i'm slightly ahead of overpairs here i don't care that much.

Better to call or push?

[/ QUOTE ]

push. If you're read is correct, then you're getting it in with the best of it. What more do you want? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
push. If you're read is correct, then you're getting it in with the best of it. What more do you want?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously i want to win the most when i hit and lose the least when i don't [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I think everyone is right, i should have pushed the second time around on the flop. I didn't, but the story had a happy ending anyway.