Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-02-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: bottom set monotone board, alternative lines welcome (boring)

I don't raise the flop often here. Bottom set does not look too hot if this pot gets big.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 pot seems really ugly, since you'll give odds for loan A to draw,

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure? A loan spade is nearly a 4.5:1 dog. I don't mind if A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calls me getting 3:1 there.. I wouldn't want to jam and fold out the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], though. :-/
Old 12-02-2005, 04:47 PM

This whole hand is weird b/c you're representing a made small flush. Is that what you intended? If these giys are not morons, then one of them has to have 66 or 77, or they both have sets.

I'm with TWP, I'm not raising the flop, nor am I looking to play a huge pot here.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1/2 pot seems really ugly, since you'll give odds for loan A to draw,

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure? A loan spade is nearly a 4.5:1 dog. I don't mind if A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calls me getting 3:1 there.. I wouldn't want to jam and fold out the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], though. :-/

[/ QUOTE ]well point is, he's not a huge dog, but there's a good shot you're getting c/r allin by a better hand which you'll have to call
Old 12-02-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, bobbo brought this up, I should have bet less on the turn, like 1/2 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeah, I was going to suggest 1/2 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
1/2 pot seems really ugly, since you'll give odds for loan A to draw, and have to call any allins anyways, and I doubt you'll induce bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didnt suggest 1/2 pot, but even a half pot does not allow them to draw well. It's not about inducing bluffs, although thats great, it's about inducing bad calls.

And obviously I'm never folding this.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, bobbo brought this up, I should have bet less on the turn, like 1/2 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeah, I was going to suggest 1/2 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
1/2 pot seems really ugly, since you'll give odds for loan A to draw, and have to call any allins anyways, and I doubt you'll induce bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didnt suggest 1/2 pot, but even a half pot does not allow them to draw well. It's not about inducing bluffs, although thats great, it's about inducing bad calls.

And obviously I'm never folding this.

[/ QUOTE ]

steve...if he does have the flush,with your luck, you can just fill up [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well point is, he's not a huge dog, but there's a good shot you're getting c/r allin by a better hand which you'll have to call

[/ QUOTE ]

4.5:1 isn't being a huge dog? It's irrelevant anyway, shouldn't you be happy if you bet half pot and get a call from a lone spade?

So your argument is that half pot sucks cause you'll most likely get CRAI by a better hand? Uh, alright, so obviously we aren't folding, right? So either jam all in, fold out drawing hand we WANT in, and get called by better hands.. or bet half pot, keep in A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] which is drawing incorrectly, and still lose to big hands?

I don't know, one of those seems slightly better, but then again you are a much better player than I.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:50 PM

Since you mentioned the two players by name, I assume they are thinking, strong players.

With that said, I would make every attempt to keep the pot small here and try to show down this hand for as cheaply as possible.

It look like you have represented a made flush. I would guess that one of your opponents has a larger set.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you mentioned the two players by name, I assume they are thinking, strong players.

With that said, I would make every attempt to keep the pot small here and try to show down this hand for as cheaply as possible.

It look like you have represented a made flush. I would guess that one of your opponents has a larger set.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY? he has a SET?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well point is, he's not a huge dog, but there's a good shot you're getting c/r allin by a better hand which you'll have to call

[/ QUOTE ]

4.5:1 isn't being a huge dog? It's irrelevant anyway, shouldn't you be happy if you bet half pot and get a call from a lone spade?

So your argument is that half pot sucks cause you'll most likely get CRAI by a better hand? Uh, alright, so obviously we aren't folding, right? So either jam all in, fold out drawing hand we WANT in, and get called by better hands.. or bet half pot, keep in A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] which is drawing incorrectly, and still lose to big hands?

I don't know, one of those seems slightly better, but then again you are a much better player than I.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said skeme