Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-29-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Maybe someone in OOT can help me.

When I was in grade school there was a bully who picked on me in front of the whole school. To get even, (since I was weak and scrawny and a big nerd) I went to the library and took a subscription card out of every magazine. I subscribed them all to his address with the "bill me later" box checked.

Yes, I am still a nerd.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was in grade school there was a bully who picked on me in front of the whole school. To get even, (since I was weak and scrawny and a big nerd) I went to the library and took a subscription card out of every magazine. I subscribed them all to his address with the "bill me later" box checked.

Yes, I am still a nerd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the same thing to a guy on my street that I hated, except I did it with Jehovah Witnesses magazines. I signed his family up for multiple copies of "The WatchTower" and "The Plain Truth".

I expect that one day he'll show up at my home and tell my pregnant wife what I did.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I expect that one day he'll show up at my home and tell my pregnant wife what I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant, IMO.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:50 AM

Well, since no one else has done so, let me offer a reason as to why: many times magazines simply want to increase their subscription base to impress advertisers, so if they know you are a certain demographic they are trying to reach, they will simply add you to the list. If you ever get billed, just write "cancel" on it, and send it back.

Magazines have too much other stuff to worry about than to track down those that don't pay. They'll just stop sending it.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am still a nerd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the same thing to a guy on my street that I hated, except I did it with Jehovah Witnesses magazines. I signed his family up for multiple copies of "The WatchTower" and "The Plain Truth".

[/ QUOTE ]

hopey, your stock has risen with me greatly in the last 2 months. for some reason before then I never really distinguished you from the rest of OOT but right now you are at the top of your game. nh.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:57 AM

I am currently getting Maxim and Stuff magazine free of charge.

holla