Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-28-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Mike: \"It\'s not mine\"

"It's like this officer, that [crack] pipe belongs to friend of mine who just got out of rehab. He was at my house for Thanksgiving and he 'left it there'. I brought it out to my car so it wouldn't be where my kids could find it; I was on my was to find an appropriate place to get rid of it."

Not he "PROBABLY left it there", or "it MIGHT belong to my friend" . . . "it IS my friend's."

Michael Irvin holds several NFL records for pass receiving (but strangely enough never finished higher than 503rd in the voting for NFL's most stand-up guy). My guess is his "friend" is now the holder of the "fastest trip to the spot after getting out of rehab", a/k/a the "Steve Howe Award".

Sigh.

Are these guys physically incapable of telling the truth ?

On the bright side he did protect his friend by not divulging his name to authorities.

Police plan to look into the man's identity but according to a police spokesperson, "This is apt to be a lengthy investigation since there ain't no tellin' how long it might take to round up all the crack heads Mr. Irvin had as guests for the holiday."

This concludes the entertainment portion of our show. Tune in tomorrow when our guests will include a dog who has averaged a 15% profit over the last 10 years with his stock selections AND a woman whose left breast bears an uncanny resemblence to James K. Polk".
Old 11-28-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Mike: \"It\'s not mine\"

yeah, i just saw it on ESPN-- don't know if he does it or not, but i don't think it matters... It's his personal life, it does not get in the way of his analysis, and he does his job well, that's it...
Old 11-28-2005, 03:04 AM

You know, it's not mandatory for your posts to contain asterisks.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:07 AM

Agreed. I have no problem with allowing him to remain on ESPN - although I disagree with your assesment of his analytical skills. I think he s-cks as an analyst.

I was just musing over the whole incident, specifically his claims that . . .

1. It wasn't his (suuuuuuuuure)

2. It belonged to a friend who had been his guest for Thanksgiving. (Remind me when it was that the old, "I never saw that before in my life" story went out of vogue not to mention the fact that he was going on the record of accusing his "friend")

Also, in the eyes of the law is it not still posession even if this ridiculous story is true ?

If you leave a crack pipe at in my home and I KNOWINGLY transfer it from my home to my car and proceed to motor around town with it am I not as guilty as I would be if it were mine ?

And finally, how big is a crack pipe (pretty small, aren't they), and aren't they made of glass ?

Would it have been so difficult to take a hammer to the damned thing rather than to drive around town with it ?

I'm curious as to how far he was from his home when the police pulled him over; he must have been looking for the absolutely perfect place to dispose of this item.

- The government should be this dilligent in selecting toxic waste disposal sites.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this one had me laughing JoA, vn.

it's funny because it's true.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i just saw it on ESPN-- don't know if he does it or not, but i don't think it matters... It's his personal life, it does not get in the way of his analysis, and he does his job well, that's it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it clearly gets in the way of his analysis, or he's just naturally horrible, either way if this keeps him off my TV, I'm happy.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:52 PM

Well now when something stupid comes out of his mouth and I say, "Huh? What is he on crack?" My buddy will turn to me and say, "Yep, he is."

Wait, that has already happened for the first 12 weeks this year.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he responded to me, i thought my post would get me warned (troll)...

that's why it's even funnier