Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-26-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Invited to Test new PP Beta Software

[ QUOTE ]
anybody notice how all your notes aren't on beta????

[/ QUOTE ]
That's because your notes are stored in a text file called "notes.txt" in your partypoker directory. If you want them, just copy the file over to the new directory.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:03 AM

The beta also crashed on me, after about 5 minutes, with 9 tables open in miniview.

I would not recommend playing on the beta until they put out a beta update!
Old 11-26-2005, 07:27 AM

i just played a pretty long time again on 6 tables with no problems.

the one time i tried 8 tables it fritzed-out in about 5 mins.
but i'm reasonably confident in it with 6 tables (mostly 6-max FWIW).

also - the default little button thingee in the upper part doesn't make the tables size exactly as i want them.
basically, they're still a little bit too small for my taste.
so i hit the tile-thingee to set them up...and then i enlarge them just slightly. i have very minimal overlap..but the extra size makes a big difference for my eyes.

my suggestion: have a way to somehow set some sort of 'example-table'. some sort of option to 'make all tables this size'. Then you would have the 'option' or 'example' table and all of the tables would adjust smaller or bigger as you adjust the primary one.
this would also solve the problem of opening a new table and having it be bigger than the others.

and if you didn't want to use that option then you could still have all the tables be varying sizes as you can right now.

to that end....maybe even an option to play with the size of the cards...and the fonts of the cards (and maybe the chips, etc).

basically...it would be nice if we had the ability to have consistent table-sizes to one's preference AND to enlarge the size of the cards so that you can still actually see them even on the smaller table-settings.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:34 PM

I haven't played on Party in a while, but this could possibly get me back.

I was doing 9 tables fine on Party while 4 tabling Absolute as well. 13 tables is tiring, especially short-handed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, the software ran fine, some things need to be fine tuned to make it easier to see, but it wasn't too bad on a 2001 FP.

Also, I won 100 BB in 45 minutes of 9-tabling Party, so the beta is obviously rigged.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am not aware of anything that was intentionally done that would be causing this message.
If you can email me a little better description of exactly what the problem is, and what you are seeing, I will find out if there is a fix before this client goes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

2+2ers have deleted the following files from the Images directory to avoid having BJ and sidebet icons while playing:

lobby_bj_button.jpg
sidebetbg.jpg
sidebetclose.bmp
sidebetclosebet.bmp
sidebetopen.bmp
sidebetopenbet.bmp
sidebetupdateprocess.jpg
table_bj_button.jpg

But when removing them with the beta software, you can't enter tables but recieve the message that files are missing and you have to reinstall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of deleting them have you tried just overwriting them with null files? Leave the name, but have it just be a blank file? Or do you still get the same error message.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't tried it, but I wonder if resizing them very small would work?

[/ QUOTE ]
It works, here are the BJ images resized for the tables :bj images.zip

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Iggy,
Thanks for the files. They reduced the blackjack thing on the right, but the Sidebet thing on the left remains. I was curious, there are two files in your zip folder, but they only got rid of one thing, why is that.

Also, how do you reduce a jpg to less pixels? I have Photoshop but I hardly know how to use it. Can it be done in Paint or Irfanview?

If anyone is interested, you can still open the items that are 1x1 pixel if you click on the tiny little dot. It's pretty hard to get your cursor directly on it when it's so small. If you really wanted to use it, but didn't want such a big button, making it 2x2 or 3x3 pixels would probably work good.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:34 PM

I just finished another nine table session. More thoughts:

1. I don't understand tiling. I know how it works, and I tried to use it but it isn't feasable as far as I'm concerned. Example: You have nine tables going (or however many), and the first table to act on pops up. You go to click fold and another table pops up and you click raise instead. This has happened twice and you must be extremely careful. Now let's say it's your turn on one table and you're moving the slider over to make a bet, you get it where you want it and make the bet. Immediately another table pops up, and in the split second it takes you to size up the situation yet another table pops up. If the tiling worked on the same order as MTH only better than MTH (MTH has some problems) then this would be a viable feature. Otherwise, I don't know what good it is. Maybe someone can explain how they use tiling.

2. So when tiling didn't work I went back to the other option. I was hoping tiling would work well because it is so much nicer to have the large tables that are easier to see.

3. When nine tables are on the screen the slider is more difficult to use. Let's say you want to bet $2, so you slide it and it goes to $4. Trying to slide it back to where you want it is a real pain. I ended up just leaving it where it was on many occasions out of frustration.

4. I don't care for the mini-view some sites have. I like seeing the whole table no matter how small. To that end having the tables automatically size no matter how many games you have going (up to nine, because with 10 I got over lap on my 21.3 inch screen) would be a very nice feature. If I decide to go from nine tables to six, instead of having two rows of three with all of that wasted space on the bottom--the software could resize those six tables to take up the whole screen. (I don't care for the way it resizes some games larger than others--I would prefer all of the games to be the same size.)

5. I found one other glitch annoying. I had eight games going, and I brought up a ninth. The ninth game is oversized and doesn't fit into the grid. You have to click on the "grid" button or the right hand button to make it size. However, when you do that it doesn't go into the available slot, but instead it goes wherever it wants to go, and now I have lost all semblance of order I once hand. I might have had a pretty good idea where my games were, but once I insert this new game I have to recoinnoiter. Just make it possible to put the new game into the empty slot. Or, if you're playing eight games and they have made it so the eight games resize to fit the entire screen, then put the new game in the same place every time. Either put it in the top right corner, or bottom right corner, etc. This way you will at least know where it's going and where all of the other games have shifted to.

6. All of the above is a wish list, and I'm sure there's more to come. But as long as they are asking I'll tell em. But how much can they really do, and how sophisticated are they willing to get. Will they just correct minor bugs like crashes and such or are they really willing to get their hands dirty and make this thing the be all end all of online poker. They'd win over a lot of people if it's the latter.

While you're at it Party would you pretty please fix your waiting lists:

1. It takes forever and a day to see who is on the waiting list. Take a look at Poker Stars to see how it is done right.

2. You can put yourself on the list for ten tables, get a seat in one of the games, and find yourself taken off of the other nine games you took the trouble to sign up for.

3. Then there is the age old glitch of your game coming up but the seat says reserved. We know how to get around that, but coudln't it be fixed?

4. More to come I'm sure.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't tried it, but I wonder if resizing them very small would work?

[/ QUOTE ]
It works, here are the BJ images resized for the tables :bj images.zip

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Iggy,
Thanks for the files. They reduced the blackjack thing on the right, but the Sidebet thing on the left remains. I was curious, there are two files in your zip folder, but they only got rid of one thing, why is that.

Also, how do you reduce a jpg to less pixels? I have Photoshop but I hardly know how to use it. Can it be done in Paint or Irfanview?

If anyone is interested, you can still open the items that are 1x1 pixel if you click on the tiny little dot. It's pretty hard to get your cursor directly on it when it's so small. If you really wanted to use it, but didn't want such a big button, making it 2x2 or 3x3 pixels would probably work good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only reduced the BJ images. Does the side bet only come up on SNG's because that's the only time I've ever seen it?

Anyways, I went ahead and reduced them also. You can download it here :

sidebet.zip

LMK if it worked!
Old 11-26-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. So when tiling didn't work I went back to the other option. I was hoping tiling would work well because it is so much nicer to have the large tables that are easier to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is cascading :

This is tiling :

Are you sure you're using the correct terms in your post? Your 1st & 2nd points didn't make much sense to me. You can't tile full-size windows. When you tile, it automatically shrinks the windows.

I think you're talking about cascading full-size windows. If you have a problem with the overlapping buttons, it's an issue you have to resolve and not party. It is because there's not enough room on your computer monitor to cascade. Now while Party could do a better job of cascading so let's say 3-table buttons don't overlap, depending on your resolution setting, you really can't have any more without buttons overlapping. See what I mean when I say it's your problem and not party's? It's not something they can fix.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:14 PM

he used the wrong terms.
but his original point is that there doesn't seem to be much point in cascading. I can't see why you would want to play with your tables arranged like this either.
This is about as helpful as having the option to make the tables be upside-down. I just don't see the point.

Regharding the side-bet thing....I have the blackbar on my full-ring tables but not on the 6-max one's.
Obviously they only have it on some of their tables.

But since they're likely reading this thread it's entirely possible I'll regret mentioning this.