Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 05:55 AM

Default QQ fold-able ??

First hand on this table and have come in on the BB....Have a few hands on SB & MP2.....as they are both multi-tabling on 1/2 tables that I am also playing....

They look like 25/8 type players....?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($186)
Hero ($125)
UTG ($30.40)
UTG+1 ($27.25)
MP1 ($239.60)
MP2 ($73)
CO ($52.60)
Button ($33.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $2, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, MP2 calls $14, CO folds, SB calls $8.

Flop: ($50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $36</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $18</font>, Hero ??

Is this a standard fold...?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: QQ fold-able ??

Why minreraise preflop?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why minreraise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do u suggest I raise to...? Anything more is 20% of my stack...leaving me no room for flopplay...
Old 11-25-2005, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why minreraise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do u suggest I raise to...? Anything more is 20% of my stack...leaving me no room for flopplay...

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't see your stack... but with a minraise you're giving the first raiser awesome odds to catch something, same with the other guy... And uh, 18$ into 50$ on the flop? You're just asking to be raised here
Old 11-25-2005, 06:45 AM

18$ into 50$ on the flop? You're just asking to be raised here

I agree, you probably want to bet more, or check-raise him. One of my big problems is underbetting pots as well, but I think you need to bet a minimum of $25 on this flop if you aren't going to attempt to check-raise.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:46 AM

Mmm... I would make it about $40 preflop and prepared to get all in on any non A or K flop.

As played, this is a fold, he's not check minraising two players with anything you beat. Thank him for being a donkey and fold.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree, you probably want to bet more, or check-raise him. One of my big problems is underbetting pots as well, but I think you need to bet a minimum of $25 on this flop if you aren't going to attempt to check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I see that....There's a problem with my game that has me betting incorrect amounts and leaving myself difficult in situations....

I understand my flop bet is incorrect along with my PF raise...Problem is now...I have been raised and that has been raised.....Standard fold yet?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:48 AM

By the way, isn't a 4bb pre-flop raise pretty large for Pokerstars tight full-ring games? I haven't played full-ring there in a while, but I remember back when I was playing them the standard pre-flop raise was usually $6 for the $1/$2nl games. $8+ most times meant a big pocket pair of AK. I remember raising to 4bb's back in those games and many times everyone folding around much of the time. What's your thoughts on this?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I see that....There's a problem with my game that has me betting incorrect amounts and leaving myself difficult in situations....

I understand my flop bet is incorrect along with my PF raise...Problem is now...I have been raised and that has been raised.....Standard fold yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he does have 88-JJ in his hand range for sure, question is how likely is it for him to have something else that beats you? Against 2players like this where you've underbet the pot twice it's very hard to know and I'd like to play safe and fold, but you are probably ahead here some of the time
Old 11-25-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, isn't a 4bb pre-flop raise pretty large for Pokerstars tight full-ring games? I haven't played full-ring there in a while, but I remember back when I was playing them the standard pre-flop raise was usually $6 for the $1/$2nl games. $8+ most times meant a big pocket pair of AK. I remember raising to 4bb's back in those games and many times everyone folding around much of the time. What's your thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 6-tabling yesterday evening and all 6 tables were 9 handed (full tables) and 28-32/7 tables......which IMO is more looser than the party $1/$2 that I have been playing lately.......

Most of the raising on all of these tables was to $10....at the very least, there was a lot of re-raising preflop .....Admittedly the stacks are not deep enough for all that sort of behaviour....