Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Seat charge too high??

I'm would like to play the no limit game at foxwoods, but I'm not sure if its worth the seat charge.
the smallest game is a 1/2 with a $100 buy in. The seat charge is $5 a half hour. Is it reasonable to AVERAGE enough in that game to overcome a $10/hour charge to a point where its worth the time?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Seat charge too high??

I play 2/3 NL at Commerce with a $100 buy-in, and you can very easily make $10/hr and a whole lot more.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:34 PM

Well say your just playing a normal rake game ($3-$4) area. say you get an avg. of 30 hands an hour.. so that's in the $90 plus area.. some pots fully raked, some not. so say a 10 handed table? 90/10 ... $9/an hour? The only thing is not all the hands are raked like i said... So I would say it's a little high... but... the price to play I guess
Old 11-23-2005, 10:15 PM

The players in these low limit NL games are so awful you will easily beat the time charge if you are decent.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:26 PM

Everyone I've ever read on this site agrees that it's entirely beatable.

Now, sadly in my smallish sample I don't have the stats to back that up. (I'm also not a "decent" NLHE player, not by standards of this site.) I think it's not a good game [for me] to learn in, because the constant $5... $5.... $5 of the time charge means that i'm tempted to overplay medium hands like 99 against a raise.

Does playing short stacks ($40-50) versus full stacks tip things to the point where it's not worth the $10/hour in anyone's informed opinion?
Old 11-24-2005, 12:23 AM

If everyone played properly it would be too high. But at most 1 or 2 players on the 10 man live table have a clue so it is possible to beat the game for about 10 an hour maybe more.......
Old 11-24-2005, 01:20 AM

The other day Angel Fish sat in the game while waiting for a seat in the 10/20 game. See folks, she's moved up!

She's in it for less than an hour and comes over on her way to her 10 game and says "God those guys are awful" and she shows me her $300 in winnings.

Her 1st hand she posts get's 33 flops a set, pushes and gets called in 2 spots. I ask her "So why do you want to leave it?"

So anyway, this game is easily beatable...
Old 11-24-2005, 01:31 AM

yeah nobody folds in the after work games. Maybe they fold if scare cards are on board during the day....... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]