Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-21-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Getting thrown out of a Vegas poker room

Was playing at Bellagio and Wynn on a recent Fri / Sat Vegas trip. At both places there were incidents where I had a significantly larger than zero chance of getting tossed, nothing awful but enough to make me wonder how often / likely that is.

Here are the situations, all involve significant amounts of alcohol of course. At the Wynn, there was this nitty old tourist who I decided should be referred to as old man winter. He didn't like that nickname as was made clear. At one point he is asking me to step outside and fight him, which is highly, highly amusing on multiple levels. Dealer, an older woman who was absolutely atrocious calls the floor to talk to me. She says I'm not allowed to curse and mock other players, this of course is news to me. Floor comes over to talk, I am a guest at the Wynn, floor knows this. He pulls me aside, I explain what happens, he pretty much apologizes and says the dealer is due for a break soon but does request that I stop referring to the nit as old man. I go back to my seat and reluctantly do as agreed.

At the Bellagio, two friends are obviously checking down / soft playing. They raised me out of a pot, then check each other down. One has a monster, one has nothing. I do not like this, I am also far from sober so I make my feelings known with a few f-bombs thrown in. Dealer does not like this and makes it clear that if I continue speaking that way, I am gone. Floor is not called cause both players were terrible and I did not want a scene or delay.

Is either case really such that they'd kick a player out? I can't say I've ever noticed that happening but am not a regular B&M player. Regardless, when I do go to a B&M, such behavior is fairly mild and pretty standard. I would think a player would need multiple visits from the floor before getting tossed for language / abuse.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Getting thrown out of a Vegas poker room

Why not just control yourself?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:07 PM

Abusing other players is unacceptable -- including calling someone a silly nickname. Cursing I feel less strongly about when it's just "Oh [censored]" and not directed at someone.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...There was this nitty old tourist who I decided should be referred to as old man winter.

[/ QUOTE ]
I couldn't stop laughing after reading this line...not very nice, but very creative...better than typical names you hear thrown around [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless, when I do go to a B&M, such behavior is fairly mild and pretty standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty standard? had no idea. You need to stop drinking while you play.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Abusing other players is unacceptable -- including calling someone a silly nickname. Cursing I feel less strongly about when it's just "Oh [censored]" and not directed at someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with the second part of this, but you really consider referring to someone as "old man winter" abuse? If so, you're as nitty as he is.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:25 PM

Berating players as you just described is grounds to be thrown out. I have had opponents thrown out for doing this. Some get multiple warnings, others are thown out on the first complaint.

Getting upset over suspected collusion is different. You should have better handled that situation. The suspected colluders would have been the ones getting the warning.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:28 PM

Maybe if you weren't acting like an [censored] you woudln't have such a problem?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Berating players as you just described is grounds to be thrown out. I have had opponents thrown out for doing this. Some get multiple warnings, others are thown out on the first complaint.

Getting upset over suspected collusion is different. You should have better handled that situation. The suspected colluders would have been the ones getting the warning.

[/ QUOTE ]

where does he say he berated anyone?

Edit: i'm not saying he wasn't being a complete ass.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:31 PM

you seem like a complete tool.