Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 01:33 AM

Default 50 PLO AA doublesuited flush draw flop.

Reads: I'm running the table, playing aggressively. This means I bet a lot of flops, and am raising preflop probably 25-30 % of the hands I play, usually in position. The first Villain is a bit questionable; he called a big raise with a straight on a flush board once and made two weak naked ace underbets into a raised pot where I called him down w/ the K-high. The second villain is new.

Seat 1: UTG ($48.20 in chips)
Seat 2: UTG+1 ($47.30 in chips)
Seat 3: UTG+2 ($71.20 in chips)
Seat 4: MP1 ($26.70 in chips)
Seat 5: MP2 ($48.10 in chips)
Seat 6: CO ($50 in chips)
Seat 7: Button ($38.35 in chips)
Seat 9: SB ($29.10 in chips)
Seat 10: BB Hero ($283.50 in chips) A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

PREFLOP: 4 limpers, SB checks, I raise pot to 3.50, all call

($21) FLOP 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets $15, fold, UTG+1 calls $15, fold, MP2 calls $15, fold.

($66) TURN K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Two Villain in the hand, I cover both, both with ~ $30

The preflop raise isn't debatable. I doubt anyone would argue it anyway.

Two questions:

1. Taking the flop action as given, what do you do on the turn?

2. Any arguments for playing the flop differently?
Old 11-18-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: 50 PLO AA doublesuited flush draw flop.

1) Flop play is fine, you probably still have the best hand here. My standard continuation bet is 2/3 - 3/4 pot on the flop regardless of whether I hit or not. I do occasionally like to check, generally in position, if I raise preflop and flop the nut flush draw. Since my opponents see me betting the nut flush draw so aggressively they tend to assume I have a bare ace or a bad flush if I come out betting on the turn or river with the nuts. You can also mix up raising or checking strong hands like that in the BB. It'll add a bit more deception to your game.

The turn is difficult because I can easily imagine at least one of these guys calling the flop with KKxx or KTxx. Given that you probably have at least 13 nut outs I don't think you would be horribly wrong just to push here since any real bet will pot commit you anyway.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:55 AM

Push it in on the turn without a doubt. Its +EV all the way. The rest is variance...
Old 11-18-2005, 06:00 AM

That turn card wasn't a great card for you as you will often be against AKT5 or even KQJT with a non-nut flush draw going for it. But stack size considerations are predominant here and you should indeed set the table in so as to charge worse flush draws and low straight draws if you are not already behind. If one of them had a much bigger stack, then checking and calling would be right unless it were headsup possibly.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:35 PM

Yeah, you have to push. But it ain't pretty. Thats why I don't raise from EP with aces. If you don't spike an ace, you have issues. If you do spike an ace, you don't get paid as well as you usually would have if you didn't raise.