Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-17-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Upcoming Good Actors

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
De Niro has fallen apart lately imo but Hoffman is still one of the best actors in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

The movie still isn't that good with him, but Hoffman absolutely carried Meet the Fockers on his back from start to finish. The gap between him and DeNiro was jarring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave up on this movie about halfway through. The only preformance that I really liked was given by the cat.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:09 PM

but phillip hoffman is not as mainstream, a lot of his work is in supporting characters and independant films, people don't recognize how good he is.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe people mentioning Ed Norton and Ewan McGregor and Phillip Seymore Hoffman for this. Each of these guys have been making quality movies for ten years or more.

Saarsgard and Gyllenhaal are good picks though, I would definitely consider both of these guys more "newcomers" on the scene than the guys mentioned above. I know he's really only known for one movie but what about Zach Braff (the guy behind and starring in Garden State)? Based on his work and performance in this movie I'd say he could become pretty damn big. We'll see...

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Braff has a more promising career as a director and writer. Garden State was really quite good. Guy is definitely talented.