Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Poker School Online

any good?
Old 11-14-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Poker School Online

Not worth the money. Sign up for the free trial and read the few essays they have that are worth it.

The "play money" that plays as real money is a joke. I am not positive on this but if I remember it was next to impossible to actually get any real money from winning tournaments.

Your money would be much better spent buying a 2+2 book or even just practicing in super low buy in multi's.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Poker School Online

It's not worth it, at least it wasn't for me. Basically you get about 2000 in play money chips and you use those like real money to try building a bankroll. If everyone on the site used the play money as if it was real money then it might be a worthwhile training tool. But most of the players just play wrecklessly because it's play money. I watched one of the players who was in the top five play one of the NL ring games... He just kept going all-in preflop until he got lucky and tripled up.

There are a few good articles to read along with some decent audio files to download, but nothing you can't get out of some of the better poker books.