Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Bubble hand with 10s on the button($55)

If he has AK or AQ, you definitely do not want him to call, this should be drummed into you by now.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has AK or AQ, you definitely do not want him to call, this should be drummed into you by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play scared of 32 total hand combos you will literally need to wait for AA or KK to push preflop, so are you saying that you should push on average once every 2 STTs (~1.9% of the time)? This is a big pair and hero is shortstacked. I don't see this as close but would love to see the math that says otherwise.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. You have to give me more credit than that.

I'm talking about how we size up against his range if he calls. I never said we wanted him too.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play scared of 32 total hand combos you will literally need to wait for AA or KK to push preflop, so are you saying that you should push on average once every 2 STTs (~1.9% of the time)? This is a big pair and hero is shortstacked. I don't see this as close but would love to see the math that says otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic blows.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic blows.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm always open to mature discussion, debate or even heated discussions I'd hope that it's at least constructive. Thanks for stating your opinion. Any reasons that you'd like to post for this and make it a real discussion instead of a 3rd grade schoolyard argument?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic blows.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm always open to mature discussion, debate or even heated discussions I'd hope that it's at least constructive. Thanks for stating your opinion. Any reasons that you'd like to post for this and make it a real discussion instead of a 3rd grade schoolyard argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is stuff you need to sort out on your own dude. I'm not going to explain why it's ridiculous to take what tigerite said and then equate it to "you're saying push every 2 sng's".
Old 11-08-2005, 01:51 PM

I seldom post here, but I play lots of SNG's.

From my perspective I have to ask myself do I want to maximize my chances of winning or am I trying to make the money.

Me personally I always play to come in first place. For me this is an easy push. You're playing four handed, the big stack raises and you have a premium hand. I think the likelyhood that he has an inferior hand is very great. Also
nobody has pointed out how many times villian will call with
a smaller pocket pair or Ace small kicker and hero doubles up. Plus by pushing we still do have quite a bit of fold equity.

Bruce
Old 11-08-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

From my perspective I have to ask myself how do I maximize my ROI / hourly rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal preference should have virtually nothing to do with this unless you get into some complex analysis of where your edges lie.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is stuff you need to sort out on your own dude. I'm not going to explain why it's ridiculous to take what tigerite said and then equate it to "you're saying push every 2 sng's".

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I understand what tigerite said. I can easily look over and see both of your post counts and see that you're probably well versed and know what you're talking about too. Perhaps my comments are a bit extreme, but then again so is playing scared of specifically those 2 hands.

I personally think that it is wrong to play scared of 32 hand combos with TT and 3BB 4-handed. You're actually scared of overpairs too but 4-handed I'm discounting those possibilities a little more (but not completely). With 3BB and TT 4-way I'm not thinking twice about my move unless someone pushes in front of me, and even then I might call depending on what I know about that player. I'm hoping AK or AQ calls and misses, too, as I'll take a 55:45 flip in this situation to either have a good shot at first or start up a new game. My chances don't look that good with 3BB and this is a great shot to steal the blinds or double up.

If my thinking is completely off here please feel free to explain. I'm mostly a MTT player and still have a small STT sample size, and I'm always looking to learn something from those with more experience than me.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:08 PM

A read might help a bit, but you have a standard raise from the big stack and it is very important here that small stack is nowhere near dead (as tigerite pointed out). Push.