Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:18 AM

Default TPGK, Semi-coordinated board

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG+1 (t44324)
MP1 (t12485)
MP2 (t12780)
MP3 (t6883)
CO (t15959)
Button (t27545)
SB (t35734)
BB (t27177)
Hero (t12414)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1000</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls t1000, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls t800, BB calls t600.

Flop: (t3600) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t400</font>, BB calls t400, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t2500</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls t2100, BB calls t2100.

Turn: (t11100) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t11100) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1600</font>, Hero folds, SB calls t1200.

Final Pot: t14300

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 8s 9s (one pair, nines).
BB has Ks Js (straight, king high).
Outcome: BB wins t14300. </font>

reads: SB has lead into preflop raisers every hand i've seen him play. He payed me off a couple time earlier, he doesnt worry me at all here. BB i havn't seen play at all.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: TPGK, Semi-coordinated board

I think you're letting the BB in for too cheap PF, especially with 50 antes. Other than that looks good.. scary board, good raise, made SB + BB make a mistake.. worst card in the deck for you on the turn..

maybe I raise a little more on the flop, to like 3600, try to protect the hand against those small, weird bets.. but if they're calling 2500 I guess they're calling 3600.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:34 AM

The results don't make sense. Are we to understand that player A bet into a 4 flush 3 overcard 4 straight board, player B then raises with a second best str8, and then player A calls with a pair of nines?

I call BS on this.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:36 AM

I... don't know what to tell you, it's not BS. It definitely happened.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:41 AM

my advice pretty much mirrors marwan's... raise a bit more preflop b/c of the antes (like 1200 or so, but im just being nitty really)... flop looks good, turn youve got to slow down, river theres no way youre ahead.

the other peoples hands are pretty hilarious. sick value bet from the guy with the straight. lol.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:21 AM

SB isnt very good... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

i like the flop raise. the rest is just bad luck.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:29 AM

I learn a lesson in almost every post. This post taught me that there are much worse players on the internet than what I've already encountered, even though I didn't think that was possible.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:16 AM

raise more preflop... you dont want this hand 4way. raise more on the flop, you dont want this hand 3way.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise more preflop... you dont want this hand 4way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you want to be 4 way with KQs?? I mean I certainly wouldn't want to play for a big pot pre-flop with it 4 way, but KQs is a strong multi-way hand.

KQs I like to mix between limping and raising in this situation. With no reads on the table (and your current stack size in relation to the blinds) I probably lean towards limping rather than raising, but I personally think the raise is fine, and I'm not sure I would raise too much more UTG with KQs. I certainly don't want to price myself into calling a small re-raise PF for a good portion of my stack, and a raise to 1600+ could easily do this.

On the flop, this may be weak tight, but I would call with the plan of raising the turn on any non [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] non-broadway card. With a super draw heavy board I often find that I can't push players off their draws on the flop with a large raise, but I can often make a cheap call then push them off on the turn when they miss. I don't dislike your raise, but I think it puts you in an akward position on the turn.

Given the previous action in the hand, I think your turn/river line is fine. I don't think the hand was played poorly at all, just wanted to suggest an alternative line that I will use sometimes when my stack is large in relation to the blinds (as yours was) and I don't have many reads at the table.

-Rizen
Old 11-08-2005, 03:41 PM

Unless the table has been pretty tight, I don't know if I raise UTG with this hand. (Or maybe I mean I'm not good enough to play this from UTG. That's probably it.) If you get re-raised you pretty much have to dump it, and if you are cold called you're (usually) OOP with a decent but hardly stellar hand. Limp or fold.

The raise on the flop is good and against players who rememberd to plug in their brains would have taken down the pot.