Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-03-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Overplay or great play?

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>,
Old 11-03-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Overplay or great play?

yes just call turn.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:21 AM

with the action already on the flop i'd want to slow down on this turn once i've found its already two more back to me.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:25 AM

While you do have an amazing draw, by the action it appears to me that you are behind to a set/higher two pair. I would just call the 2 cold and hope to hit my flush on the river.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes just call turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious as to why you suggest just calling?

I think it's very easy to put UTG+1 on a fairly strong King. From his perspective it probably looks like he was raised by a weaker King (by CO), then OP cold called on a flush draw or maybe straight draw. His 3-bet is saying his King is stronger than the CO's and he wants to charge the drawer the most. Cap could simply mean that the flush draw knows they are both in and decided to trap them in knowing he's taking equity from someone.

I doubt UTG+1 has K9. Maybe he has 99, 66 or 78. Tough to say without any sort of reads. I'd think 99 might raise, but maybe not. It is the only hand OP has to be really weary of. 66 is less likely because there are only two left. If one of the oppenents has 78, it will get capped, but OP has up to 14 outs against it. The overlay of trapping the dead hand in there is pretty good.

I just don't know without reads, but it seems that not too many hands have OP so crushed here.

Edit: OK nevermind, I've decided to put someone on 78s. I just had troubles envisioning which two pairs someone could have.