Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Oahu, Hawaii Vacation?

Its vacation time [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The gf and I are heading out next week. Will be there for 10 days.

Anyone been there?

What should I look for or plan to do?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Oahu, Hawaii Vacation?

FIRST QUESTION: where are you staying?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:07 PM

Any chance of Maui? I like Maui more betterer.

But lots of goo stuff on Oahu. If you don't scuba dive: snorkel. I recommend sharks cove : North Shore.

Like Tranny hookers? Plenty in Downtown Honalulu! Actually, right near chinatown (hohoville) theres an incredible french/vietnamese restaurant called Indigo that rocked my socks. Also had some jazz/downtempo live music in a back bar. And loud drunk yuppies who were amusing.

In the park in Manoa (quick bus ride from waikiki) there's a waterfall whose "No Swimming" signs can easily be ignored. Muy Romantico por los Femalles.

Mostly I sat on the beach. It's definitely worth the extra $$ to get a hotel right on the beach facing the ocean to see the sun do its thing.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FIRST QUESTION: where are you staying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah! sorry Wikki

Managed to nail a nice stay with our time share at celebrity resorts.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:23 PM

Snorkeling Hanauma w/the hundred other tourists, trip out to the North Shore where hopefully the surf is going off and eat burgers and shaved ice. Taking a picnic out to Lanikai beach. learning to surf from the beach stand guys in Waikiki, trolling for deep water fish, hiking the Ko'olaus, and getting up late and eating brunch at any waterfront hotel.

and eat plenty of Hawaiian food: plate lunches from Ka'a'ko Kitchen/Rainbows/Gulicks, luau food, sushi, Chinese dim sum, whatever. Anything you want to eat, you'll find it.

Hawaii isn't any more expensive than NJ or NY but the trips to the outer islands will cost you....alot.

Don't forget your SPF 100 and lambskin condoms.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:26 PM

1. Hanauma Bay Park - early in the morning, try to get there before 8:30 because of the lines. Get your snorkel equipment from Snorkel Bob's the day before (don't worry it's cheap) - definitely worth it if you go early.

2. Spend a day on the north shore. Drive around the island.

3. Pearl Harbor is boring. The Arizona Memorial in particular. (I've been told the USS Missouri is a good tour)

4. The Pali is one of my favorite spots on this planet. Definitely park and walk around it for a few minutes!

5. Germaines' Luau - Very very commercialized. Only do this if you have a good sense of humor or are very stoned.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:47 PM

Sounds cool so far. I live in NJ so I can live with that comparison of expensess.

We have our own snorkle gear. The GF picked up a nice set for the both of us for $100 not a bad price for the snorkle, gogles and flippers.

Looking forward to this so far trip is $603 for each plane ticket and $149 to stay in our time share for 9 days.

Not bad.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Hanauma Bay Park - early in the morning, try to get there before 8:30 because of the lines. Get your snorkel equipment from Snorkel Bob's the day before (don't worry it's cheap) - definitely worth it if you go early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get off East Coast time. When we went about 5 years ago, we got up with the sun (5:30am) and went to Hanauma Bay. We were the first ones in the water and saw sea turtles and the big fish that the tourists have scared away by 8AM. It is easy to get up that early the first coupleof days you are there.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Looking forward to this so far trip is $603 for each plane ticket and $149 to stay in our time share for 9 days.

Not bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so freaking jealous it is not funny. I hope you guys have a wonderful time. Walk around Waikiki at night, it is fun. (don't swim at night though, sharks!)