Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-21-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: NL Headsup etiquette

[ QUOTE ]
Start a bridge club.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it, Bridge players are sissies? I can think of a few Bridge players around these parts that would prove you wrong by taking all your money pang-free, thereby demonstrating their willingness to fleece idiots.

/mc
Old 10-21-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stupidest post ever.

Start a bridge club. Or better yet, find and join one that is already formed. You'll have lots of friends.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Itīs the right attitude to make $$ in this game And in the end thats pretty much the only thing that matters here.. at least for many of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think this is true. Who wants to win because the other guy isnt in control of himself and therefore gives away a lot of cash?

Personally I dont at all like when people tilt. Makes me think of all those people that cant control their gambling. People who we win a lot from.

A guy thinking its good someone tilt because then this guy dont know what he is doing with his money, well, he aint a friend of mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, if you don't agree with something just say it civilly. I don't know how I feel about the issue but I'm always happy to know Kiddo's point of view. Thanks,

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. While winning money at this (or any) game necessarily entails a willingness to take from others, there's no need to show a lack of respect. That remains true for discussion of the game.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Itīs the right attitude to make $$ in this game And in the end thats pretty much the only thing that matters here.. at least for many of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think this is true. Who wants to win because the other guy isnt in control of himself and therefore gives away a lot of cash?

Personally I dont at all like when people tilt. Makes me think of all those people that cant control their gambling. People who we win a lot from.

A guy thinking its good someone tilt because then this guy dont know what he is doing with his money, well, he aint a friend of mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this opinion isn't valid for poker, but even if it was there is no way you can hold it and play online regularly. Why do you think people are maniacs and call when clearly beaten, hoping to get lucky and get the pot? They're not thinking, and it's more then just playing bad. Lot's of people play bad, but people intentionally playing bad is a different matter. When some maniac is raising every hand preflop and on every street, he isn't tyring some new strategy or trying to outhink you. He's pissed or has some emotional reason to act like an idiot. There is no way to play online poker ethically if you find it wrong to compete against unstable people. As games get much tougher the ability to not tilt when losing is the only difference between who is a winner and loser in the game. Mental fortitude is as much a part of poker as betting your hand correctly.

Poker is about playing people worse than yourself. I don't see any reason to make one category of bad play unethical.

Sometimes I'll refuse to play someone who is playing bad if the money he is losing deprives his family, but it's not out of any sort of care for him, it's for the people not involved in the game who don't want to be playing. If a person chooses to sit down and play it's his gamble.