Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 06:27 AM

Default NL Headsup etiquette

I sat down at a Headsup $20/$40 Pot Limit table with $4000. A regular joined with $1k, lost it, he then brought $2k, lost it, then brought $4k and lost it too. He then sat down with another $5k and I told him that I'm going to sleep as it was 3am. He got angry.

Question: Is it good headsup etiquette to agree beforehand what amounts will be played for or unneccesary?
Old 10-21-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Re: NL Headsup etiquette

[ QUOTE ]
I sat down at a Headsup $20/$40 Pot Limit table with $4000. A regular joined with $1k, lost it, he then brought $2k, lost it, then brought $4k and lost it too. He then sat down with another $5k and I told him that I'm going to sleep as it was 3am. He got angry.

Question: Is it good headsup etiquette to agree beforehand what amounts will be played for or unneccesary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would u stop playing there?? U must not like $$$ but seriously... Maybe live have some sort of agreement, but online who cares.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:44 AM

All's fair in love and war.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:45 AM

no reason you should be forced to play some ridiculous marathon session... as a general rule, you hang out for a reasonable amount of time when you are killing somebody, but tis not as if he was even in very deep... so i dont think you were out of line at all...

BTW/ it looks like he is probably tilting to chase down his $$ like this so you prob shouldve drank some coffee, washed your face and tried to stay sharp and keep playing against this guy... hes clearly pissed. i find a huge part of winning HU play consists of tilting your opponent w/ aggro play and then taking advantage... once you get em tilting bad, dont quit!
Old 10-21-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW/ it looks like he is probably tilting to chase down his $$ like this so you prob shouldve drank some coffee, washed your face and tried to stay sharp and keep playing against this guy

[/ QUOTE ]
Now THAT'S etiquette.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW/ it looks like he is probably tilting to chase down his $$ like this so you prob shouldve drank some coffee, washed your face and tried to stay sharp and keep playing against this guy

[/ QUOTE ]
Now THAT'S etiquette.

[/ QUOTE ]

Itīs the right attitude to make $$ in this game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] And in the end thats pretty much the only thing that matters here.. at least for many of us.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Itīs the right attitude to make $$ in this game And in the end thats pretty much the only thing that matters here.. at least for many of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think this is true. Who wants to win because the other guy isnt in control of himself and therefore gives away a lot of cash?

Personally I dont at all like when people tilt. Makes me think of all those people that cant control their gambling. People who we win a lot from.

A guy thinking its good someone tilt because then this guy dont know what he is doing with his money, well, he aint a friend of mine.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:54 AM

Stupidest post ever.

Start a bridge club. Or better yet, find and join one that is already formed. You'll have lots of friends.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Itīs the right attitude to make $$ in this game And in the end thats pretty much the only thing that matters here.. at least for many of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think this is true. Who wants to win because the other guy isnt in control of himself and therefore gives away a lot of cash?

Personally I dont at all like when people tilt. Makes me think of all those people that cant control their gambling. People who we win a lot from.

A guy thinking its good someone tilt because then this guy dont know what he is doing with his money, well, he aint a friend of mine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stupidest post ever.

Start a bridge club. Or better yet, find and join one that is already formed. You'll have lots of friends.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, if you don't agree with something just say it civilly. I don't know how I feel about the issue but I'm always happy to know Kiddo's point of view. Thanks,

Krishan
Old 10-21-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are u serious here?
How about playing against 80/5/0,5, it is his style, we both know he will be losing money, dont u play against them either. He is not tilting, he is just plain bad at poker.