Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 09-01-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Hand vs. Nappori

I would raise here when your opponent hits his 3rd 8. I'm willing to bet that his limp with a dead 9 was more likely a flush draw than any other hand.

This would require me to remember the dead 9. If I didn't remember it I would play just like you.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise here when your opponent hits his 3rd 8. I'm willing to bet that his limp with a dead 9 was more likely a flush draw than any other hand.

This would require me to remember the dead 9. If I didn't remember it I would play just like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was aware of the dead 9, but didn't want to subject myself to a 3-bet in a situation where, if my opponent were full, he would have me board-stuck.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:40 PM

Standard, but I also like the line of c/r'ing 5th. If he 3 bets I check/call down unless filling, then go for river c/r again.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:18 PM

I think that this is right. I would more or less rule out quads because he only called fifth, and he would raise with three eights (or with aces and eights). I think you pick up a lot of pots against people playing every hand when you call a river like this where you can only beat a very scary board. The more I look at this, the more I think he either made the boat on the river or you won the pot.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:42 AM

I'm curious which street you thought was debatable.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paying off the river. For some reason I just feel like I'm always donating here. Result was that I unfortunately saw a boat. Turns out he held pocket dueces for 8's full of twos. Man, I just hate paying off. I only did it here for the good of society ya know. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Andy, come clean, I know you're nappori on party poker.

Mike Emery
Old 09-02-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paying off the river. For some reason I just feel like I'm always donating here. Result was that I unfortunately saw a boat. Turns out he held pocket dueces for 8's full of twos. Man, I just hate paying off. I only did it here for the good of society ya know. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Andy, come clean, I know you're nappori on party poker.

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Nappster gets a lot of action cause of his less than Rockish table image.

AndyB = Nappori
Old 09-02-2005, 12:11 PM

I think it is possible that Napp would play this hand the same way with non-pair starting hands. So paying off with the pot as big is just good value in the long-run.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:11 PM

I think that a notorious live one on tilt is going to have nothing underneath more than 12% of the time or whatever it needs to be.

If it will make you guys happy, I can be Nappori.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it will make you guys happy, I can be Nappori.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played more than a few hands against Nappori and he's far from the best the best but he's not awful. If it is in fact Andy B then it would be great and he's got some splaining to do.

Andy is supposed to be one of Stud resident's experts. I find it hard to believe Andy is Nappori. If he is, it's great. If he isn't than can someone please kindly remove the hook from my mouth. It makes it hard to muff dive.