Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Flopped Nuts, Folded Turn, Bad Laydown?

[ QUOTE ]
Given the likelihood that this flop hit somebody else, you have a chance to make some money, here. Bet out and hope at least one player raises you so you can 3-bet. If both players raise, you cap. You're in the lead, get money in!

Bad turn fold. The way it went, I cap. You are more likely to be up against trips or two-pair than something that beats your straight.

Fold the river if it's more than one to you. You're behind to straight flushes, flushes, and boats at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention quads.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The river board-pair gives a boat to anyone with K/x or 10/x, so fold then.

[/ QUOTE ]

For ONE bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

One bet is still a bet, and overcalling the river if he gets there is just throwing away a bet. There is about 0% chance that he'd be good on this river -- don't take the "don't fold a large pot for one bet" mantra over a cliff.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:02 PM

What were you thinking when you checked the flop? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 08:06 PM

We are talking micro limit (and Party at that). How many times have you seen someone call down with NOTHING but the board? For one bet you only need to win 1 in 20. Agreed at higher levels this is a fold, but, at micros I call.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:10 PM

Horrible fold dude.

So much str8 h8 around here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ALERT TO MICROLIMIT POSTERS: ACE HIGH STRAIGHTS ARE GOOD HANDS. You will often want to bet and raise with them.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are talking micro limit (and Party at that). How many times have you seen someone call down with NOTHING but the board? For one bet you only need to win 1 in 20. Agreed at higher levels this is a fold, but, at micros I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is calling down. They're capping the flop and three betting the turn, and betting and calling the river on a double-paired, broadway, three-flush board.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:18 PM

I don't like the turn fold. This board hit a lot of people hard and they will be betting and raising with less than what you have.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The river board-pair gives a boat to anyone with K/x or 10/x, so fold then.

[/ QUOTE ]

For ONE bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

One bet is still a bet, and overcalling the river if he gets there is just throwing away a bet. There is about 0% chance that he'd be good on this river -- don't take the "don't fold a large pot for one bet" mantra over a cliff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see that someone else thinks this way too. I think the "don't fold a large pot for one bet" is such great advice that people are calling too much. (I know I was for a while [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) There are two people in a double-paired, 3-flush board and they are awfully excited to be there. Our chances of winning = 0.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're behind to straight flushes, flushes, and boats at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

A straight flush is impossible. Do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, I think all the points have been covered already. Lead the flop & 3-bet/cap if possible, call the turn, and you're probably safe check/folding the river when you get there. Although I'd be awfully tempted to call for 1 more bet getting like 20:1--given the limit & site, I don't think it's too impossible that you're in a 3-way chop. Or even that MP2 has Q9s, for that matter.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are two people in a double-paired, 3-flush board and they are awfully excited to be there. Our chances of winning = 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite so, my friend. It was a single paired board with a flush draw. Our hero folded on the Turn, not the River.

It was on the River when the board went double paired and 3-flush. And the excitement those two guys were showing on the turn died down a lot.

Admittedly, things looked bad on the turn. And the prospect that he wasn't closing the betting and he might face more raising on the river needs to be factored in.

But I wouldn't be shocked if our hero would have won this hand.