Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 05-28-2005, 06:55 AM

Default 10/20 Did Roland bluff me???

So me and Roland are playing four tables each of 10-20. I've been trying to avoid him like the plague because hes really the only soild player in the games were in. Eventually though this hand comes up and we clash. Opponents in this hand are total fish who might show us anything. I really thought Roland had to have a big pair in the hole on third to make it $30 here. I actually debated for a few seconds about whether or not I wanted to chase. I suppose some factors that tipped the scale for me were 1.) the other opponents were terrible 2.) since I can likely put him on a big pair in the hole I can see when he hits two pair before the river 3.) I have an ace making it more likely its 10's through K's he has underneath and thus I would have a pretty overcard. Actually when I hit call on third I was saying please dont let Roland have pocket aces......please dont let Roland have pocket aces.

Thoughts on all streets are of course welcome. What I really want to know is who likes dislikes my river laydown. A bit of info here first. I have a few diffrent screen names on party and wasnt sure if Roland knew this one was me. However, I knew it was him due to the obvious fact that his screen name there is Roland. After the hand was over I asked him and he said he knew it was me the entire time. So now it gets a little interesting anyway. Knowing Roland is rock-soild I took the frugal line and mucked on the river. But if Roland knew this was me and knows I that know that hes rock-soild and must have me beat to bet the river here, then he might reason that a bet could make me release??? So is Roland counting my money right now laughing with a celebration cigar in his mouth? Is he buying a few steak dinners on me for my stupidity? Is he that good he outwitted me this hand? Am I a fish like beermoney (who hasnt been around lately)? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (12.80 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (8.40 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (12.40 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

River - (16.40 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: (16.40 BB)
Old 05-28-2005, 08:15 AM

Default Re: 10/20 Did Roland bluff me???

I think I fold 3rd, and call the river. All poker players are capable of bluffing. However, i think Roland could beat your jacks up, but I would never want to deal with folding the best hand here.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:14 PM

16:1 odds, I call every time, period.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:27 AM

I think 3rd street is very interesting. Although your reasoning makes a lot of sense I would lean toward folding:

• You can’t get it heads-up. Let me quote 7CSFAP: “It can occur that you have a weak hand that you would rather play heads-up and if you can’t achieve this, you should actually now fold”. (p. 17)
• Although the other opponents were terrible, one of them was also dangerous and unpredictable: Ponchoo in seat 3. With him in there, it might get really, really expensive.
• Your 2-flush is dead
• There are a lot of cards left in the deck for me to catch that will force you to fold: any ten, jack, queen, king or ace. (You actually bet into me on 6th when I caught a ten; I think that would have been the ideal spot to bluff you).

Oh yeah: I didn’t bluff you. I was lucky enough to catch another ten on the river for kings-up. Quite frankly, I don’t have the balls to try and bluff three opponents in a $300 pot… maybe next time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]