Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Montreal

[ QUOTE ]
i was pleased with the fact that they use mayo for their french fries. it's like going to europe without crossing the ocean.

i really like montreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been in a Canadian McDonald's (that I can remember, anyway). Do they do the same "Royale with Cheese" thing as they do in Europe?

Note: I've never been to Europe. I'm just assuming the Travolta dialogue in "Pulp Fiction" about Amsterdam is accurate.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:27 AM

i dunno i hate mcdonalds [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 07:51 AM

What kind of music do u like?
you can always go to " foufoune electrique " on st-catherine... one of the biggest, badess rock bar in montreal. If you like Techno/Trance you can go to the Aria.
If you want easy little drunk girl.. you can go to The Loft (st-catherine , st-laurent corner)

If you want to see strippers.. you have the choice.. 'Super Sexe, Amazone" and it's cheap.. you can get a dance for 10$ and for this price u can touch! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

For the food.. tell me what u like and i will give u good place!

ohh yeah i think you already know it.. im from montreal! and sorry for my english it's not my first language
Old 05-26-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone ever been there? I am considering planning a trip there with 4 of my friends this weekend. Friday until Monday. What things are the must sees? What other things would you advise and why? My friends and I are interested in anything that we wouldn't normally see in the midwestern United States. In addition, we like to drink. Please advise along those lines. Thank you
CW

[/ QUOTE ]

So yeah, these are hopefully my plans for this weekend too. Where's a good area to stay? The Latin Quarter, Downtown, Old Montreal? I'm looking for a reasonable hotel in a good area.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:18 AM

Old Montreal is expensive so dont go there...
in downtown u have some good place you can go
you have the Hilton..
Queen Elizabeth (expensive)
if you want to have less expensive stuff , you need to go to the south shore... 15 min of the downtown..
Old 05-26-2005, 01:20 PM

I really like your recommendations for night life. Thanks. For food I could eat anything. Is there a well known restaurant there that I can't miss? I am very open so I appreciate any suggestions.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:42 PM

for food hmmm a got a few good places for you.
if you want to drink a looot of beer and chicken wings :
--
Peel Pubs (on peel street) (1 galon of beer for 20$can)
Cage au Sport
--
really good brazilian restaurant: le milsa (bishop street)
--
italian restaurant : georgio on st-catherine
---
anything else? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] if u have more specific question send me a pm.. i will give u my msn
Old 05-26-2005, 01:54 PM

I recommend Quebec City for an even bigger "foreign experience" if that's what you're looking for.

Don't get me wrong though, if your coming from the States, Montreal will be quite foreign to you. If money is no object, one of the best hotels is "Hotel St Paul" in Old Montreal. Their restaurant "Cube" is also one of the best in the city. Their location is great, very close to everything. Check out www.hotelstpaul.com - you can book online. The wife and I stayed there last September, trust me on this one..

As for food, you can't go wrong almost anywhere in Quebec, but must haves are "Crepes" and "Tarte Au Sucre".
Old 05-26-2005, 02:54 PM

Quebec is nice.. but if you dont speak french.. it will be really difficult for you to get service there.. Montreal is a billingual town.. u can speak english everywhere!
Old 05-26-2005, 03:23 PM

Montreal is a nice visit. If you get a chance check out the city beneath the city. Malls, apartments, businesses, all right under downtown.

If your going to St. Catherine Street do not go past St.Denis street unless your into hardcore gay/lesbian/it type stuff.

Orange