Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 01:03 PM

Default KQs hand - Learn from my mistake

This hand was 4/8 at a B&M, but it played like a .5/1 online game and I figure it will do the most good here.

SB is very LAG. She's been at the table for less than one orbit, but has already shown that she likes to gamble, calling a raise/reraise from the BB with 32o and bet/3betting her flopped OESD. After that hand she said, almost orgasmically, "Ooh, I just want to play EVERY hand!"

LMP is loose, but not terribly. I don't have a good handle on his aggression yet. He shows streaks of aggression and passivity. Call him neutral, I guess.

Hero raises UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]; EMP calls, LMP 3-bets, folded to SB, who calls.

Flop [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
SB bets, Hero raises, EMP folds, LMP calls, SB calls

Turn [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (or similar. I'm not 100% positive, but I know it put a funky straight draw on board.)
SB bets, Hero???
Old 04-14-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: KQs hand - Learn from my mistake

Raise.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is very LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
SB bets, Hero???

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-14-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After that hand she said, almost orgasmically, "Ooh, I just want to play EVERY hand!"

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh...

Raise. Being a LAG SB could have loads of hands here that you beat, you're ahead so often.

Pro Minesweeper Flags player

I will crush you. You man enough? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2005, 01:28 PM

raise raise, u have top pair and a good draw if she has two pair or straight. Almost always raise in this situation
Old 04-14-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will crush you. You man enough? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime, anyplace. Well, I'd have to be at my computer. But you get the gist.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:59 PM

Let me set the tone to help illustrate the mistake(s) I made.

This is probably my 12th hour at this table. I had been feuding mightily with my old lady the previous couple days, and retreated to the card room figuring a nice 15-hour session was just what I needed to escape her incessant caterwauling. So I'm playing in a bad frame of mind to begin with. On top of that, I know I've got a big fight waiting for me when I get home for being gone so long... which just makes me stay longer.

Add to that the fact that I've been a bad beat magnet all day. I'm raising only premium hands and getting 4-5 cold-callers and missing or getting outdrawn 90% of the time. Players who fold to the table maniac's raise are calling mine because they see me lose hand after hand. This is good for your long-term earn, but in the short term it had me tilting a little.

The hand previous to this, SB-LAG had cold-called the 3-bet with 32, bet/raised the whole way, and rivered her straight to beat my top pair.

To top things off, that hand, a guy who is a regular there and is the biggest table coach in the place, asks to see my cards. He had previously been goading another player, and when the guy gave him a parting "[censored] you" as he was leaving, table coach picked his close-to-300lb lard ass up to run to the floorman and screech, "Jim! He said 'F you' to me!" The guy is leaving the card room after busting out, and this Fucknut whines to the floorman to get him banned for cursing? He then waxes on about how poker used to be a game for gentlemen, being played by the French nobility yadda yadda yadda. So this gentleman table coach (he was the one who 3-bet) wants to misapply the IWTSHC rule to see what I was raising with?

So anyway... my crappy mood just got crappier, and I know I should just call it a day and head home. I'm thinking of making this hand my last because even I can see that I'm tilting rather nicely right about now, which leads to...

Turn [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets, Hero calls, LMP calls

On a previous hand, SB-LAG had bet the flop and turn, then checked her busted draw on the river. Was I thinking about that when I called? Who knows. Anybody want to chime in and point out why it doesn't matter?

River [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, Hero???

Anybody just calling at this point, or are we all still raising?
Old 04-14-2005, 02:07 PM

I'm just calling then going home.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn [KT8] 6 (or similar. I'm not 100% positive, but I know it put a funky straight draw on board.)
SB bets, Hero???

[/ QUOTE ]

I will pretend I didn't read the str8 draw and say that I would raise/call and bet a blank or club or K on the river.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just calling then going to the bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fixed your post.